Principal Systems Engineer, DevOps
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Principal Systems Engineer, DevOps designs, engineers, and maintains our release tooling and processes to supportToast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. This role acts as a subject matter expert for system stability, release best practices, and contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this Roll* (Responsibilities):
- Help architect our DevOps practice, supporting Salesforce, Netsuite, and Workato deployments
- Build deployment tooling to allow our application developers greater autonomy and self service
- Collaborate with team on current technology landscape and survey / advise on available technology options
- Work alongside leadership to determine long-term platform architectural strategy, to help meet the demands of our business and our customer’s businesses
- Participate in on-call rotations for mission-critical production functions
- Design deployment strategies in concert with software development teams, managing dependencies
- Design, implement, and refine automation of various operations tasks (deployments, managing environments, etc.)
Do you have the right ingredients* (Experience)?
- Hands-on experience with mission critical, high performance SAAS or cloud-based software systems at scale
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workato
- Experience with configuration management in a large environment
- Working knowledge of Git/Github
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in Software Development/Engineering
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with any of the following: Jenkins, Splunk, Copado, AutoRABIT, GearSet, Salto
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?