Business Operations and Growth
Stage is looking for a team member to join as the first “business” hire. In this role, you’ll be a jill or jack of all trades in helping with company growth challenges; anticipate challenges, react promptly and calmly to necessary changes, and ease our growing pains. Your responsibilities cover operations, finance and go-to-market, giving you insight into and enabling you to be hands-on and strategic across all functions of the business.
You will report directly to the co-founder and CEO, and you will be given autonomy and responsibility over critical elements of our business. We are a meritocracy, and you get as much autonomy and ownership as you can handle. Strong performance means more earning and more owning. We are commited to your growth and learning. In the process, you will be a critical part of crafting an important product for our customers alongside a high-performing group of good humans.
Roles and Responsibilities
Sales and Customer Success
- Drive the sales process and follow ups to ensure deals and contracts close in a timely manner
- Develop sales proposals and create supporting materials for prospective customers
- Help founders drive sales process and outcomes to from lead to renewal
- Deliver product feedback to the R&D team based on customer feedback and requests
Operations and Finance
- Monitor spend, pay invoices, and conduct monthly check-ins to review metrics
- Plan and manage team onsites with the Stage team 2-3 times per year
- Manage vendor relationships with across legal, tax, accounting, etc.
- Develop operating and growth models to drive revenue and burn projections
- Create materials and report metrics to investors and board of directors
Marketing and Content
- Collaborate with founders and marketing vendors to deliver relevant content pieces each month
- Work across engineering, sales and design on marketing site updates
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience working for early or growth-stage technology startups in an operations, sales, or product capacity
- 2 years of professional experience working in consulting, finance, or technology preferred but not required
- Candidates that can be in-office 3 days per week in San Francisco strongly preferred
- Bonus: Experience working with technical products used by developers such as APIs, SDKs, open source, etc.
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Unlimited Vacation (2 weeks per year minimum)
Home Office Stipend
Fitness and Wellness Benefits
Salary Range: $120,000 - $170,000/year
Equity Range: 0.25% - 0.75%
Something looks off?