Field Application Scientist 2
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley.
The Team: Remote position, that will not only harness your scientific intelligence, but your emotional intelligence. As a member of the Singular Genomics FAS team, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative support team and be a key character in building lasting customer relationships.
As a Field Application Scientist 2 at Singular Genomics, you will play a pivotal role in driving customer success and adoption of the Singular Genomics platform, working in close collaboration with sales, service, and marketing teams. This role involves leading the scientific strategy to boost revenue growth from commercial opportunities within your region and providing vital input to internal teams for enhancing instrumentation design and exploring new application opportunities. You will be entrusted with conducting complex trainings at customer sites and offering expert guidance in experimental design, data analysis, logistical solutions, and complex troubleshooting support. In partnership with Technical Support, your role will be crucial in addressing sophisticated issues and sustaining strong customer relationships. Frequent travel is expected.
This position is perfect for a candidate who thrives in a startup environment, is self-motivated, and eagerly embraces the opportunity to tackle frequent and diverse challenges.
- Lead engagements with customers to educate, support, and train them on Singular Genomics products and platforms, fostering long-term relationships.
- Conduct and supervise pre-sales activities, including seminars, conferences, and scientific collaborations, to support instrument sales or collaborative partnerships.
- Oversee post-sales responsibilities, including advanced customer training, project scoping, and design consultations to enhance product adoption, usage, and post-sales revenue opportunities.
- Lead data analysis sessions and provide expert guidance to enable regional customers to fully adopt technologies.
- Rapidly address complex problems through on-site or remote troubleshooting, setting an example for junior team members.
- Partner with the Commercial Team to identify and develop new opportunities through strategic relationship building with end-users.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support Team and Applications Lab to provide advanced support for Customers and their applications.
- Take a lead role in developing and refining processes and materials for the Customer Support organization, enhancing tools and information to meet customer needs and building a world-class support system.
- Provide detailed client and product feedback to internal teams for continuous improvement.
- Ensure meticulous documentation of customer interactions in Salesforce.com.
- in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years of customer-facing experience with a profound commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in genomics, NGS applications, and methods.
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues.
- Proficiency in laboratory best practices and advanced Molecular Biology techniques.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and superior verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proven track record in delivering engaging and impactful scientific presentations to a varied audience.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, with outstanding customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Autonomous working capability, alongside effective teamwork towards corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure in high-stress situations.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively for customer support and training.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SalesForce.com, and other relevant software.
- Based in the Boston area or willing to relocate.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the sales process and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in spatial genomic technology.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $94,600 - $141,600. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.