Spatial Product Manager
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our HQ location.
The Position: The Product Manager will play a critical role in defining the go-to-market strategy, creating product marketing resources, and providing ongoing support for our Spatial Biology platform. This role requires a deep understanding of the life sciences market and the ability to work cross-functionally with various departments.
- Market Research: Conduct in-depth market research to understand the market landscape and core user needs. Use these insights to define product strategy and roadmap.
- Business Cases: Build and present business cases for new product development opportunities, leveraging market insights and customer feedback.
- Customer/Product Requirements: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define customer requirements, product specifications, and feature roadmaps across assays, consumables, software, bioinformatics, and instrumentation.
- Customer Voice: Serve as the customer champion within the organization, using customer voice and requirements to drive key product decisions.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Develop and regularly update processes to monitor product lifecycle changes. Make informed recommendations to leadership based on these insights.
- Market Segmentation: Create a structured process to identify, evaluate, and target key market segments.
- Market Entry Strategies: Develop and implement market entry strategies that include market segmentation, targeting, competitive analysis, product roadmaps, and pricing.
- Technical Documentation: Lead the development of technical documentation, scientific content, and product messaging to effectively position, sell, and support our genomics offerings.
- Product Expert: Train sales and support teams on product offerings, messaging, and resources.
- 3rd Party Enablement: Identify and enable third parties to integrate their applications with our genomics offering.
- Field Work: Co-travel with sales and support for site visits to gather market and customer insights.
- Conferences: Attend industry events to capture market trends, voice of customer, and ensure accurate product representation.
- Performance Tracking: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure product success and regularly track and report on these metrics. Make data-driven decisions to optimize product performance.
- Budget Management: Manage the product budget, including resource allocation, cost control, and financial forecasting.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure products comply with relevant industry regulations and standards in various global markets.
- Travel: Up to 40% travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business, or related field. Master’s or PhD preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in life sciences.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to construct financial models around market potential, commercialization, product strategy.
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams to meet company deliverables.
- Proficiency in bioinformatics tools and CRM software is a plus.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $96,900 - $135,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.