Shipping and Logistics Specialist 2
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our Sorrento Valley location.
As a member of the Supply Chain team, the Shipping and Logistics Specialist will be responsible for executing all commercial shipments and manage all logistic vendor relationships. The role will be a key contact between Operations and the Commercial teams. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to collaboratively work and influence across the organization.
This is a highly collaborative and hands on position and requires a great sense of teamwork and productivity. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Using the monthly S&OP and forecast, create shipping and logistics plan to support customer and field service commitments. Collaborate with internal teams to align on shipping plans. Identify execution information such as delivery dates, special delivery requirements, customer site specifics, etc.
- Create material flow and staging in the pick/pack area to facilitate efficient shipping and subsequent transactional workflows in the ERP system.
- Execute shipping plans including, but not limited to picking, packing, printing, labeling, ordering, collaborating with providers, entering information into forms, software/applications, tracking shipments, communicating with stakeholders, etc. Communicate any risks, discrepancies, and status.
- Compile and communicate logistics performance, including, but not limited to, metrics such as shipping time, order accuracy, productivity, backorder rate, costs, average days late, etc.
- Support and maintain shipment dashboards and logistics process scaling and automation projects.
- Develop logistic plans and procedures, work instructions and BOM’s. Responsible for the release and maintenance in the quality system.
- Manage shipments and logistics of material returns/reworks with suppliers.
- Maintain relationships with external logistics, packaging, service, etc. providers.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of relevant logistical experience preferably in the Biotech/Life Sciences/GMP industry or Associates Degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated and strong verbal and written communication skills, including detailed shipping reports and documentation experience.
- Self-motivated, strong attention to detail, and forward-thinking ability. Proactive in approach to work, identifying potential issues well in advance.
- Strong experience with air and sea international shipments (Customs, Commercial Invoices, Packing Slips, HST Codes, End Use Statements, etc).
- Experience working with domestic and international service providers (FedEx / UPS / DHL / World Courier / Nippon Express, etc).
- Strong use of ERP systems (NetSuite preferred) and MS Office.
- Experience with Cold Chain product processing and logistics in relation to Quality Management standards such as ISO9001 and EN13485 as examples.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $62,000 - $86,400. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.