Enzyme Biochemistry Process Development Senior Scientist
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our HQ location.
As an Enzyme Biochemistry Process Development Senior Scientist, you will be responsible to collaborate with R&D team, express and purify proteins, lead, and implement process development and process transfer best practices, design robust quality control testing control points, author SOPs and assist in creating BOMs, document and present work, and establish robust manufacturing processes. This role will also lead the Enzyme Mfg. team at our HQ site. This role will be part of the Operations Leadership Team.
This is a highly collaborative and hands on position and requires a great sense of teamwork and productivity. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Lead process development for enzymes to establish robust manufacturing processes.
- Implement current industry best practices for enzyme manufacturing and quality control.
- Purifying a wide range of proteins and enzymes from bacterial cell cultures.
- Develop bioreactor-based fermentation processes.
- Complete scale-up development for fermentation and protein purification.
- Design and implement best in class quality control testing schema to support product release.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot, optimize and solve problems of highly complex processes.
- Author SOPs and batch records. Maintain excellent record keeping.
- Build and mentor a team of Enzyme Mfg. Technicians.
- Partner with R&D to build strong Product Development and Process Transfer infrastructure.
- Operates in fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Ph.D. with 5-8 years industry experience, or Masters/Bachelor of Science degree in biology or biochemistry with minimum 10 years industry experience.
- Proven expertise in protein production, purification, and characterization. Prior experience using AKTA FPLC systems desired but not required.
- Proven expertise in process optimization and quality control methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with bacterial growth in bioreactors and protein purification by FPLC.
- Experience with enzymes used in molecular biology (polymerases, ligases, nucleases, etc.)
- Experience with quality systems and current FDA/EU regulations is highly desirable but not required.
- A team-player who demonstrates reliability, organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong data analytical skills. Proficient at technical investigations and presentations to senior R&D staff and executive team.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $106,500 - $148,500. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.