ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our Headquarters location.
As a Paralegal, you will facilitate the operations of the Legal, Business Development, and Intellectual Property Departments. The Paralegal will provide critical assistance and support in many facets of the company’s broad range of legal needs, including contracts, transactional documents, and administrative support. The position requires the ability to demonstrate sound judgment, organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
This role will be responsible for chaperoning new legal agreements through Singular’s internal processes and looking after existing agreements on a day-to-day basis. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Collaborate with internal legal staff and business partners to provide contract support including reviewing a wide range of forms and contracts, including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), customer agreements, vendor agreements, and other similar forms and contracts.
- May provide support related to litigation, mediation, arbitration, and subpoenas as needed.
- Review, file, and docket incoming patent correspondence. Coordinate the gathering, filing and reporting of patent related documents.
- Update and maintain internal patent docket and databases.
- Drafting new documents, such as custodian of records declarations, Patent Application Data Sheets, Patent Assignments and Inventor Declarations.
- Preparing and filing US Patent Applications and Information Disclosure Statements and related transmittal letters at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program and at least 2 years' experience (law firm, in-house legal support or combination thereof).
- a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (law firm, in-house legal support or combination thereof).
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Experience with federal court litigation would be desirable, as would be experience with patent prosecution docket management.
- Have an understanding of docketing processes, workflows, and US and international prosecution procedures and familiarity with electronically filing documents with the USPTO.
The estimated base hourly range for this role based in the United States of America is: $29.25 - $40.76. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.