ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role is remote and covers the Chicago territory.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to drive sales of Singular Genomics’ Sequencing Platform and its consumables. You will identify, nurture and develop high value opportunities to closure. You will actively engage in deep market development, technical selling, account planning and rapidly develop a sustainable, growing funnel of qualified opportunities. As a Sales Executive you will work in partnership with local Field Application Scientists and the Customer Success Team to provide support for customer applications as well as develop and nurture relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s). You will relay voice of customer feedback, including new applications, to Field Support, Applications Development and Marketing/Product Management to optimize the customer experience using our technology.
- Act as a sales driver for Singular’s platform and proprietary consumables by identifying, developing and closing high-value sales opportunities to meet/exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Utilize acquired knowledge of the sequencing and spatial biology market and accounts to engage and influence key decision makers.
- Develop and implement effective pre-sales educational campaigns and other key growth activities to support assigned revenue goals and expansion of both brand and product awareness in the marketplace, leading to a measurable and sustainable funnel of opportunities.
- Persuasively deliver customer-facing presentations covering a variety of scientific research topics, products, applications, and data related to Singular’s technology.
- Partner with Commercial Operations to build an implement sales related systems via CRM (Salesforce) and quoting tools.
- Work closely with Field Application Scientists to develop action plans for specific customers and ensure the highest level of professional client communication to drive sales and exceptional customer experience.
- Identify and nurture KOL's in multiple application areas and develop relationships to catalyze the sales and marketing efforts.
- Act as an internal customer advocate by delivering VOC to the Marketing, Product Management, Applications and other departments related to product feedback, competitive intelligence, market trends, effectiveness of marketing/positioning, and tactics in the field.
- Work with Director of Marketing to convert/customize marketing plan into tactical action and deliverables, while supporting and exploring new ways of customer interaction.
- Professionally and proactively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Develop deep knowledge of accounts, funding, competition in territory leading to recurring accurate forecasting of sales.
- At least 7+ years of commercial (sales/marketing/business development) experience.
- Proven ability to sell sophisticated, high-throughput NGS instrument platforms and associated consumables in a highly technical environment.
- Deep knowledge of and existing relationships with decision makers/influencers and leading researchers in the Next-gen sequencing and spatial biology community.
- Proven success in selling complex solutions to diverse, consortia-based clientele.
- Proven successful history of driving new, innovative technology into an established workflow via conversion plans that may include tactics such as cost comparison(s), accuracy of data, time to actionable data, etc.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of sales and support effort.
- Bachelor’s degree; Ph.D. or master's degree in a relevant field and relevant lab experience a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
- Average 40-50% travel in assigned sales territory.
- Excellent computer software skills with demonstrable expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $125,000 - $205,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.