ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our HQ location.
The natural evolution of DNA technologies has led us to a point where instruments for both qualitatively and quantitatively profiling biological molecules with single-cell and spatial resolution is available to purchase off the shelf. Singular Genomics seeks to be at the forefront of making this technology accessible, robust, reliable, and scalable. To achieve this ambitious goal, we seek an enthusiastic, driven, and creative Sr. Scientist to join the Spatial Proteomics team to develop our novel spatial sequencing technologies. You, the successful candidate, will have deep experience in answering questions at the cellular and molecular level using in situ methodologies or microscopy-based readouts. You will have experience in technology-, method-, or product- development of cutting-edge assays, even if not directly related, and have placed an emphasis on establishing robust workflows with great attention to identifying critical steps prior to them becoming a problem. You will have deep knowledge of a variety of DNA technologies that you can adapt to establish novel methods in the emerging field of spatial technologies and have an internal drive to create something great in a field where new rules are being defined.
- Actively contribute to developing in situ workflows from ideation to product launch.
- Careful experimental design and quality control methods for emerging technologies and products.
- Development and optimization of new methods and products for assaying the spatial localization of protein and RNA within tissue.
- Establish standards for onboarding multi-omic content for spatial profiling of biomolecules, with a priority on antibody content.
- Collaboration and effective communication with team members in (surface) chemistry, biochemistry, systems integration, image analysis, and bioinformatics.
- Staying current on relevant literature and contributing to the advancement of our intellectual property.
- A genuinely nice person with strong attention to detail, organization, and willing to pursue innovation or reductionism when the situation dictates.
- PhD in biology, biophysics, biomolecular engineering or related field with 2+ years of experience in a startup-like environment.
- Experience with assay readouts using fluorescence microscopy, such as in situ hybridization, immunofluorescence, or DNA nanotechnology, and quantitative analysis with ImageJ or python.
- Experience with profiling biomolecules in tissue, preferably FFPE, or other complex environments.
- Experience with DNA technologies including; DNA sequencing, DNA hybridization, DNA nanotechnology, functional genomics, molecular diagnostics.
- Experience with proteomics technologies, such as immunoassays, ELISA development, antibody bioconjugation, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry.
- The ideal candidate will have experience developing bleeding edge assays using one or more of the above DNA/proteomics technologies.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $106,563 - $158,125. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.