Staff Systems Integration Engineer
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our HQ location.
As a Staff Engineer in the System Integration group, you will work with a collaborative team of engineers and scientists to develop, build and test the next generation DNA sequencing technology.
- Design, implement and characterize complex microfluidics systems.
- Perform hands-on testing and integration of systems - hardware, software, chemistry, and sequencing applications
- Analyze data using analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Python code, ImageJ) and document and present results to the team.
- Characterize and troubleshoot hardware and software performance.
- Lead design verification and validation.
- Complete documentation to support testing procedures including data capture, forms, logbooks, and inventory batch records.
- Mentor and manage junior scientists.
- Masters with 5 yrs experience or PhD with 3 yrs exp in Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Strong experimental laboratory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging research problems.
- Experience in several of the follow areas: fluorescence microscopy, micro-fluidics, bio-conjugation techniques, surface chemistry, DNA sequencing, programming language(s) and molecular biology.
- Knowledge of image analysis using software tools such as ImageJ, Matlab, Python.
- Desire and ability to work in a small interdisciplinary team to develop new technologies at a rapid pace.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States is: $108,500 - $161,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.