Patent Agent 2
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our Torrey Pines location.
As a Patent Agent 2, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the multi-disciplinary science & technology being developed at Singular Genomics including chemistry, biochemistry, protein engineering, molecular biology, physics, optics, engineering and participate in invention harvest meetings.
Our ideal candidate comes with a scientific background in Molecular Biology, Genomics and/or Chemistry.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications. You will work with in-house inventors on writing strong patent applications. You will collaborate with external IP counsel, on projects beyond your current scope of expertise, an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge base while contributing to Singular's goals and mission. Preparing applications includes drafting figures and examples to tell the story of the invention.
- Managing databases and dockets. You will monitor, prepare, file, and maintain databases as they relate to Patent documents (e.g., Assignments, Declarations, Figures, etc.) and patent prosecution (e.g., docket deadlines).
- Engaging in Patent/Technology Analysis and Landscaping. You will employ strategic analysis of patent litigation matters, including analysis of third-party patents, products, companies, technology investments/ventures; Deliver reports on major trends, reporting recommendations to management.
- Performing additional administrative patent duties, as required.
- MS or PhD; 3-5 years industry experience including patent drafting.
- Scientific background (MS or PhD) in Molecular Biology, Genomics and/or Chemistry.
- Admission to practice before the USPTO.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $94,938 - $140,875. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.
Something looks off?