Senior Systems Integration Engineer
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our Torrey Pines location.
As a Senior Systems Integration Engineer, you will assist in executing the integration and testing of multiple subsystems at both functional level and performance level. The Senior Systems Integration Engineer will assist in the execution of the integration and test strategy.
The Senior Systems Integration Engineer supports engineering, research, development and manufacturing in the integration and test of complex systems comprising optical, electrical, mechanical and fluidic modules and subsystems. The Senior Systems Integration Engineer will also assist in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Design and execute complex experiments. Support/participate in integration tests on the system.
- Perform data collection and statistical analysis and present to multi-disciplinary audience.
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and analyze system issues that have been found during integration testing.
- Define both short- and long-term solutions for system issues.
- Qualify new product designs through design verification tests.
- Translate high-level requirements into subsystem requirements, create performance budgets.
- Implement and execute integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration.
- Coordinate with the engineering and R&D groups and external vendors responsible for the delivery of the subsystems, including the verification of sufficient subsystem performance.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Bioengineering, Optical Engineering or other relevant degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in integration activities, e.g. as an integrator in a multidisciplinary project.
- Proficient at designing and running tests to evaluate the functionality and performance of systems comprising imaging, illumination, electrical, mechanical, vacuum and fluidic modules and subsystems.
- Understanding of manufacturing test including how and what to test for production and engineering design verification.
- Familiar with scripting languages. Ability to write scripts for automated testing.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to utilize test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, laser power meters, beam profilers, autocollimators, etc. with no direction.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $91,063 - $135,125. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.