Engineering Manager, Application Team
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs with a passion for transforming data to drive real-world results. We are building a best-in-class enterprise Customer Data Platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Does your perfect job involve managing a team of hardworking engineers actively developing the next our Activate product and leading martech innovation? Simon is looking for a results oriented engineering manager to lead the Application Team in our Product Engineering department.
As a successful leader in this role, you will structure sprints, maintain code quality and use our business goals to inform technical decisions. Drawing upon years of experience as an engineer, you will collaborate individually with your team members to develop their engineering skills. You will act as a coach, guide, and recruiter as you build a team of influential engineers who are role models to their peers in both exemplifying our values & proficiencies as well as consistently delivering high impact business value.
We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a multi-functional team of early career to staff engineers to help them grow the next generation of the company’s application
- Achieve sustained high velocity and predictability in software delivery
- Collaborate with your team as they design & build critical software components, scale our architecture, or lead design decisions
- Produce plans for team personal development, growth, and sustained value
- Partner with engineering leads to break down projects into tasks and distribute those across the team’s skill sets
- Partner with product owners to deeply understand our clients’ use cases and project priorities
- Uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Through a combination of leadership and technical expertise, improve the pace of execution in the team
- Drive growth of the team by playing a pivotal role in finding, attracting and hiring talented individuals to Simon
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience
- 3+ additional years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with Python/React
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high scale applications
- Shipped large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to understand an end goal, the key drivers of the goal, and determine the right levers to pull to move the drivers
- Strong efficient execution mindset
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams & projects
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
- Professional Development stipend
In compliance with the state and city salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $140,000 to $200,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.