Manager of Data Operations and Reporting
At Silq, we aim to build the largest sustainable global shipping network with a 40% Gross Margin by leveraging people, data, & technology.
Silq’s people-powered technology makes moving shipments a breeze. Our proprietary technology allows our customers to design custom task workflows built to their specifications and their specifications alone. Silq’s people supplement our robust technology with information straight from the factory floor, minimizing exceptions and consolidating shipments more efficiently. This is how Silq’s people-powered technology helps our customers save money on their shipping spend from day 1.
About the role:
You will manage the Data-Operations team at Silq. The role of our Manager of Data Operations and Reporting in a freight forwarding startup is crucial for ensuring efficient operations, data-driven decision-making, and effective communication contributing to our mission of Building the largest sustainable global shipping network with a 40% Gross Margin by leveraging people, data, & technology.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Develop and implement data management strategies to ensure accurate, consistent, and up-to-date data across the organization.
- Oversee Freight rate collection, validation, cleansing and publishing processes to maintain data integrity.
Reporting and Analytics
- Create and manage regular reports and dashboards that provide insights into key performance indicators (KPIs), operational efficiency, and freight rate fluctuations using meta base.
- Analyze freight rate trends to identify opportunities for booking process improvements, cost savings, and silq tariff optimization.
- Present data-driven recommendations to the leadership team to aid in strategic decision-making.
- Identify operational bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement within the freight forwarding processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement process enhancement strategies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of process changes and make necessary adjustments to ensure continuous improvement.
- Build and lead a team responsible for data operations and reporting tasks.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to team members to enhance their skills and productivity.
- Set clear performance goals, conduct performance evaluations, and provide regular feedback to the team.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, origin, destination and engineering team, to understand data requirements and reporting expectations.
- Communicate data-related insights and findings effectively via product improvement ideas to different audiences, tailoring the messaging to meet their needs.
- Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and advancements in data management and reporting.
- Continuously aid the team members to enhance their skills and knowledge through enrolling them for learning and development programs and arranging site visits