Regional Payroll Manager - CEED
We are recruiting for an energetic, ambitious Regional Payroll Manager – CEED keen to pursue excellence and drive improvements within our Central and Eastern Europe Division (“CEED”).
Working in the payroll team within the International Finance Shared Service Centre, the Regional Payroll Manager – CEED will take ownership for all locations within the CEED region, reporting directly to the International Payroll Lead.
The role is about making sure our month-to-month operations run accurately, timely and compliantly by applying strong diligence and utilising your international payroll knowledge as well as working with internal teams and our external payroll provider. The role also allows for a voice at the table to suggest enhancements to processes and systems, and you will be encouraged and expected to ensure the payroll operating procedures continue to improve.
Building and maintaining strong relationships is crucial for this role, especially with colleagues in HR and Finance both across International and in the US.
Note that there is the potential for ownership of regions to be switched between other Regional Payroll Lead to support continuous career development and sharing of best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership for the CEED payroll region.
- Full monthly activities related to the timely preparation and accurate end-to-end processing of Vertex’s International payrolls in partnership with external payroll service provider.
- Assist fellow Regional Payroll team members as required to cover vacation and sickness.
- Partner closely with HR, Global Stock Administration, Mobility and Employment Tax colleagues.
- Assist International Payroll Lead with payroll and data governance framework and controls as required, including SOX controls and support audit requests.
- Recommend opportunities to implement positive change and ensure full suite of process and procedures are available for your region.
- Work with the GL team to ensure postings accurately reflect monthly payroll and assist with balance sheet reconciliation activities.
- Ensure employee and HR requests are dealt with within the shared services SLAs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert understanding of UK payroll and strong understanding of payroll approaches outside UK (especially EMEA)
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships across internal and external stakeholders
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze large data sets for key risks and trends
- Experience in process optimization, new country deployment and automation of payroll processes
- Experience working in Shared Services environment
- Comfortable working with deadlines in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Professional payroll qualification (CIPP or equivalent) and/or with extensive experience in a comparable role
- Strong experience within international payroll
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.