Operational Excellence Senior Specialist
The Operational Excellence Senior Specialist is a member of the Manufacturing Operations team and is responsible for assessing all manufacturing processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, and recommending solutions to improve process flows, manufacturing efficiency and quality systems management. This individual has an established track record of applying a well-defined body of knowledge in the methodology of Lean Six Sigma and DMAIC problem solving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement improvements to operational processes, such as by reducing cycle times or increasing productivity rates using lean, six sigma methodology.
- Supports compliance and efficiency related projects working towards the goal of continuous improvement to increase value and efficiency.
- Assists with the creation of operational policies and procedures based on best practices.
- Devise new strategies to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze data to identify patterns, trends, or problems that may indicate opportunities for improvement.
- Work with management to develop action plans for addressing issues identified in operational analysis.
- Recommend new processes or technologies to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Metrics to drive process improvements, and foster data driven decision making.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on LSS methodologies and practices; develop and deliver training materials, and coach on relevant tools and techniques to advance organizational capabilities.
- Participate in MES Electronic Batch Record Creation
- Assist with the Development of Operational Excellence Leads in each area.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and write effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to apply critical thinking to analyze situations and determine the best course for action
- Ability to effectively capture stakeholders’ needs and be able to summarize these into requirements and project scope.
- Ability to prioritize objectives from multiple projects, adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility and efficiency.
- Ability to examine an issue from a diverse perspective (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause
- Strong aptitude for motivating other and building team unity
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced work environment
Education and Experience:
Minimally requires 3-5 years of experience in Operational Excellence or the equivalent combination of advanced education, and experience.
Familiar with data analytics and visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau
Established Project Management Skills
Competent with Microsoft Office and Project
Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt/Black Belt)
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.