Sr. Associate, Quality Control
The Quality Control Senior Associate role provides a variety of analytical functions that occur in the Quality Control (QC) department supporting validation, testing and reporting of in-process, release and stability samples. This role also helps ensure activities occur in an efficient and cGMP compliant manner while fostering the Vertex vision and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Control (QC) testing of Cell Therapy in-process, release and stability samples. Typical test methods performed include flow cytometry, qPCR (MycoTOOL), ELISA, cell counts, sterility (BACT), gram stain and endotoxin (LAL) testing.
- Performs technical reviews of raw data.
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records.
- Performs general lab and equipment maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend, holiday and after-hours work (5- 10% of the total time)
Knowledge and Skills:
Performs tasks with strict adherence to cGMP and cGDP principles.
Has an understanding of basic laboratory equipment and practices.
Is proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing software.
Is dependable and able to work well within a team.
Is interested in learning new things. Open to change.
Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity.
Shows initiative; acts independently with management approval.
Possesses a high attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in science or related discipline is required.
- Requires less than 1 year of experience in GMP pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.