Customer Master Data Management Associate Director
The Associate Director (AD) of Customer Master Data Management reports to the Director of Commercial Data Management & Field Optimization in the Global Insights, Analytics, and Business Operations (GIACO) organization. This individual serves as the Lead for the Global Healthcare Entity Master system (GHEM) and will drive the customer mastering process, manage a team of data stewards, and will support overall data governance at Vertex. The ideal candidate is very passionate about data, has experience implementing data quality and master-data initiatives, and understands MDM’s role in enabling and building a 360⁰ view of customers in an enterprise.
This position is hybrid therefore, you would need to be living in the area and in the Boston Seaport office 3 days/week.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, execute, and lead the overall global customer mastering program.
- Define the roadmap for future MDM capabilities and system enhancements.
- In partnership with IT and other stakeholders, lead the commercial data governance process. This also includes data cataloguing efforts (with Collibra).
- Manage a team of data stewards (contractors) who execute data change requests and other data quality initiatives.
- Support integrations with CRM systems and other internal systems that depend upon the customer MDM. Act as the data product owner for health care entity data within Vertex’s CRM systems.
- Facilitate the load of HCO/HCP data into MDM and other downstream systems including CRM.
- Work closely with Vertex’s Data, Technology, and Engineering (DTE) group to execute technology initiatives.
- Work closely with, and direct the activities of, vendor organizations that support MDM and CRM.
- Train internal teams on MDM-related processes and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required); Master’s preferred.
- Typically requires 6-8 years of direct experience with pharmaceutical data; sourcing, integration, analysis, and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of master data management (MDM) processes and experience implementing and managing Informatica MDM or other MDM on-prem/cloud-based solutions
- The candidate is very business savvy, a good communicator to cross-functional stakeholders, and also has a high degree of comfort working with data, databases, and systems.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Veeva/Salesforce), databases/data warehouses (Oracle/Snowflake), SQL, project planning, agile methodologies, tools such as JIRA and Service Now, and performance metrics and reporting.
- Experience with data governance, data stewardship, and managing data vendors.
- Strong understanding of the legal/regulatory requirements related to managing sensitive PHI/PII and compliance data (i.e. HIPAA, GDPR, HITECH, Sunshine Act, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatic approach to problem solving, and service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs, and effectively produce business results, while working under time pressures and in a matrix organization.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.