The Administrative Associate provides administrative support for the Commercial functions in Australia and New Zealand. This position plays an important role ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of departmental processes, procedures and programs. Interaction is with internal colleagues as well as external stakeholders including healthcare professionals and vendor agencies. The role requires flexibility and ability to multi-task, working at fast pace on time-sensitive matters while ensuring high attention to detail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide broad support to the Commercial functions, including coordination of day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks
- Manage processes for engagement with external parties (vendors and healthcare professional customers), including contract preparation and execution, vendor set up, service agreement preparation, purchase order requisition, and completing ‘after event’ reconciliation. These processes will be completed in a variety of software systems.
- Coordinate the calendars and schedule meetings for the Commercial functions. Administer key regular meetings (drafting agendas, attending meetings and taking minutes): Marketing Meeting, Sales & Marketing Teleconference, Operational Leadership Team meeting.
- Manage the purchasing processes for all agreements for vendors and sponsorships. Track fees and invoices against PO and plan in Operational Expenditure tracker. Ensure POs closed out at end of month.
- Coordinate the administration of sponsorships undertaken by the Commercial team. This includes steering through internal approval process and execution with external stakeholders, liaising with internal colleagues for budget documentation, and execution of contracts and after-event reconciliation and documentation. Reporting of value exchange internally and where required, externally.
- Manage logistics for internal and external Sales and Marketing-led events (domestic and international) including cross-functional team meetings, advisory board meetings, educational meetings and local congresses. Sourcing venues, coordinating catering, organising parking, transfers. Provide assistance with staff travel arrangements and expenses.
- Coordinate inventory management of sales materials.
- Liaise with relevant international colleagues to carry out specific functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability solve problems and find solutions independently
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
- Versatile multi-tasker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment working on time-sensitive matters
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including team-mates, international colleagues in medical and legal functions, external vendors and customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated high proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone and syntax.
- Possess strong integrity and takes initiative to get tasks done, proactively tracks status of projects and solves problems to keep projects moving forward
- Is curious; open to and seeking to learn new things
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.