Marketing Coordinator, 12 month contract
This role is being offered on a 12-month contract basis
The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the marketing team and affiliates to assist the Marketing team in administrative tasks and to support successful planning and execution of conventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracks marketing activities including budget
- Supports production, stocks and warehouse of marketing material
- Maintains inventory of promotional goods
- Organizes travel of the marketing team
- Coordinates convention exhibit staffing based on convention schedule and calendar
- Prepares all contracts for congress activities (e.g., exhibit space)
- Registers staff for all congresses
- Secures housing and, when necessary, implements subsequent changes to arrival/departure or cancellations
- Develops relationships with outside vendors to ensure high-quality service and timeliness
- Secures meeting space for pre-convention meetings when needed, and coordinates all technology and catering requirements
- Orders promotional/educational literature from fulfilment house for shipment to conventions
- Distributes pre-meeting communications to attendees
- Assists in reconciliation of all invoicing and purchase requisitions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to support meetings, conventions, tradeshows, exhibitions, and the requisite support services
- Basic project management and organizational skills required
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines on multiple items
- Basic knowledge of agency creative language and promotional phrasing
- Basic understanding of promotional approval process and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical marketing
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Project management certification is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Requires experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.