Senior Administrative Assistant
Vertex is seeking an experienced Senior Administrative Assistant to support leadership and teams within the growing US Market Access team. The incumbent will provide support and join us on our mission as we scale and work to bring potential new medicines across Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell disease, Type 1 Diabetes and Acute Pain to market. They will report directly to the Executive Director, Payer Accounts and Field Operations. Support will span the Director+ levels of the Payer Accounts and Field Operations team, the Commercial Market Access Strategy team, and Pipeline Access Strategy Team.
This position requires you to be our Boston Seaport office 3 days/week at minimum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages calendars for assigned personnel, including meeting scheduling (both internal and off-site meetings), accepting/declining invites, meeting prioritization
- Secures conference rooms, ordering catering and "day-of" logistical and administrative support
- Organizes logistics and events for the assigned teams (off-site, workshops, team events)
- Coordinates with Human Resources to facilitate interview schedules with candidates
- Coordinates visitor registration, including pre-registering and escorting visitors
- Vendor communications
- Supports travel logistics including sourcing/booking flights/hotels
- Completes all expense reports for assigned team members in a timely fashion and per company policy
- Coordinates and disseminates meeting materials
- Performs various supporting tasks such as creating/amending/formatting documents/presentations in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, pricing, etc.
- Submits purchase orders, amendments and changes on behalf of team working in partnership with the Commercial Contracting team and iProcurement (transactional only)
- Serves as a departmental resource for the assigned teams for Vertex's internal technologies (i.e; Outlook, Teams, iProcurement, Concur, vNet, Vertex U, etc.)
- Assists with the onboarding of new personnel
- Ad hoc project coordination with US Market Access department Sr Manager, Strategy & Operations
- Supports special projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook Calendars
- Developed time management skills and organizational skills to prioritize work and/or multi-task; autonomously managing multiple projects and competing timelines
- Keen attention to detail with ability to proactively identify, communicate and address challenges
- Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential correspondence
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proactively shares key project updates and insights
- Exceptional interpersonal skills across all levels and across matrixed teams
- Team player with a track record of developing rapport and credibility with colleagues
- Consistently displays sound ethics, good judgement
Required Education and Experience:
- High school degree and 3-5+ years of senior administrative experience in a similar role
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.