Salesforce Health Cloud Platform Lead
Vertex is in an exciting time of growth and innovation, and technology and data are valued as strategic assets. The Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) Technology team in the Data, Technology and Engineering (DTE) organization is seeking a passionate and driven professional to lead the Health Cloud platform that supports the CGT Commercial Patient Support organizations.
The Salesforce Health Cloud Platform Lead, will be responsible for the strategy, architecture, implementation, and operations of the Salesforce Health Cloud ecosystem, which includes several applications. As a Salesforce expert, they will partner with business and DTE stakeholders to ensure we are maximizing the value of the solution for the organization. They will understand the business strategies and underlying business processes to contribute to the Commercial Technology roadmap.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven manner to meet key business milestones and think strategically as Vertex scales as an organization and launches in new disease areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with CGT Commercial Patient Support teams, Product Owners, DTE leaders, and other stakeholders to evaluate, recommend, and deliver solutions in alignment with business priorities
- Manage the demand, ongoing project delivery and operational support of the platform
- Lead technology vendors and Managed Services Providers, with the potential to manage Vertex full time employees in the future
- Steward the overall architecture and drive strategic platform decisions that will help Vertex scale into new disease areas
- Assess solutions in alignment with key business capabilities and contribute to the technology roadmap to address short and long-term needs
- Manage the platform budget, forecasts, and ensure we are optimizing spend at scale
- Collaborate with other technical leaders across DTE (e.g. Information Security, Data/Software Engineering) to harmonize capabilities where appropriate and share best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep Salesforce expertise; Salesforce certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Patient Support / Patient Services business processes and operations within a Commercial biopharma environment
- Understand the Regulatory environment and drive collaboration with Legal and Compliance as required
- Experience with Business Analysis, Solution Architecture, Project Management and platform operational support
- Strong business relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically to identify process improvement opportunities and enable key business capabilities
- Ability to work independently and navigate ambiguity across various levels of an organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology discipline or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in biopharma technology with experience supporting Commercial functions
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.