HEOR Senior Manager (Boston)
The Health Economics & Outcomes Research Senior Manager (Pain) will participate in the development and execution of Health economics and outcomes research studies in support of Vertex's products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes HEOR evidence generation including, cost-effective analysis and budget impact models, prospective and retrospective observational studies, ITCs, meta-analyses and systematic reviews, patient reported outcomes measure development and validation and other research as needed to support the asset value
- Provides best practices insights into the design of Vertex observational research studies
- Executes key HEOR pre-launch/launch deliverables
- Develops presentations to communicate complex HEOR evidence
- Acts as a resource for team members with less experience
- Communicates complex health economic and outcomes research findings internally and externally
Knowledge and Skills:
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Technical resource in HEOR with the ability to formulate and lead creative research projects and ensure conduct is technically and scientifically rigorous and reflects best HEOR practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills to explain difficult information and build consensus; comfortable communicating complex concepts and adapting presentation style to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of US healthcare system & global Health Technology Appraisal requirements
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, Master's degree, MPH, or PharmD) in a relevant discipline
- Typically requires 6 years of relevant experience, with substantial background in HEOR, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.