Accounting Associate, 12 month FTC
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals is looking for an Accounting Associate to join its team and support its accounting and cash management operations within its international financial shared service centre (“IFSSC”) based in London, United Kingdom.
- The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience and be responsible for general accounting activities including the recording, analysis, and accounting for cash transactions within Vertex’s international region.
- Leveraging their analytical skills and previous accounting experience they will have the opportunity to review and shape the team’s current operations by suggesting improvements to ensure complete and accurate recording of accounting and cash management transactions.
- Within the IFSSC accounting team, the successful candidate will work closely with the international accounting team as well as partnering with the Group’s Corporate Treasury team to support Vertex’s strategic growth initiatives.
- This position is highly visible within the organisation and involves working with stakeholders across multiple teams, including Accounts Payables, Revenue, Payroll, Internal Controls and Finance.
- Actively manage and supervise daily cash management activities including cash disbursements and receipts.
- Posting cash journal entries and completion of other month end activities for Vertex's International region and ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Collaborate with Accounting to review and analyse financial statement accounts, including monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis of cash related accounts and transactions.
- Ensure internal policies and SOX procedures are always adhered to.
- Support the IFSSC accounting team as required to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Assist with internal audit and SOX queries, including any audit questions relating to cash management as required.
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting and cash management projects as required.
- Education – bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred.
SKILLS & EXPEREINCE:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (e.g.: excel).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and provide meaningful insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous accounting or cash management experience in a corporate environment is a plus.
- Previous experience using a mainframe system for example, Oracle (‘Cash Management’ module), OBIEE, HFM and SMART View (Essbase data sources) is an advantage.
- Previous experience working in a Financial Shared Service Centre is a plus.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.