Commercial Business Operations Manager
The role of Commercial Business Operations Manager is responsible for partnering with the Commercial Senior Managers Commercial Ops - SFE and CRM lead in ensuring the execution the commercial excellence activities within International Commercial.
This role will act as an internal subject matter expert of commercial field metrics, data analysis, CRM operations and incentives compensation processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides centralized support to market on their day-to-day CRM operations and across the customer engagement platforms (e.g. CRM), incl. customer database and provide user support and training
- Support the diagnosis, identification and improvement the effectiveness of Commercial Field Teams
- Provides analytical expertise to support SFE activities
- Measures & improves commercial field teams motivation & engagement through the execution of the incentives compensation plan
- Runs the incentives compensation operations processes and ensure compliance
- Support management of incentive compensation related communication with the commercial field teams
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising or related discipline with relevant related experience - required
- Extensive sales/marketing commercial operations experience in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Extensive direct experience with pharmaceutical data sourcing, integration, analysis, and reporting
- Ability and desire to understand the product needs of the future and influence all stakeholders to prioritize them
- Strong understanding of Web & Mobile CRM platforms (Veeva)
- Attention to detail and committed follow-through in communications to stakeholders
- Pro-actively identifies issues and solves them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment; focus on multi-tasking and self-prioritized workload
- Strong focus on process delivery and execution
- Scientific aptitude and working knowledge of specialty or rare disease therapies area
- Position is based in London Paddington and travel of 20-30% may be required for country visits and training sessions.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.