International Order and Logistics Manager, FTC Maternity Cover
Position: International Order and Logistics Manager
Location: This is a Hybrid position based in Paddington, London.
Type of contract: FTC for 14 months.
Vertex is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage the International order and logistics process for our gene therapy product. The Order and Logistics Manager, International will be responsible to execute and facilitate the order process, including order management (input, update and monitor), alignment and communication with different internal and external stakeholders, systems reconciliation, troubleshooting, measurement and improvement of the entire process. In additional to local stakeholders, he/she will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Europe and USA including Manufacturing, Commercial Operations, External Service providers and Quality.
- Leads and is responsible for all aspects of the “cell journey” on daily basis between Vertex and treatment centers.
- Executes and monitors order process within Vertex’s business System from order generation, changes, shipment through final delivery confirmation
- Understands for each patient the complexity and proactively prepares for that
- Leads operational calls with internal stakeholders to review daily operations, manages issues and set priorities
- Conducts scheduled and ad hoc coordination calls with Center Engagement Leads. Discusses the outcome of the calls with Manager and propose action plan
- Monitors different systems with cell journey data
- Continuously operates the track and trace system, update it on daily basis and shares data with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with logistics providers to ensure all import/export compliance requirements are met for the shipping of the orders.
- Provides timely updates and instructions to internal and external stakeholders.
Capacity and transportation booking
- Supports capacity booking at CMO for each patient. Engages with internal stakeholders to mitigate capacity issues on a case by case basis.
- Continuously monitors performance and brings up capacity utilization/improvement issues and proposes options to manage
- Provides forecast to Suppliers to plan for aligning capacity and supply
- Assists the International S&OP process
- Works with Vertex Global Logistics to execute properly the order processes making sure the on-time preparation and delivery of the shipments
Performance and Process management
- Updates an issue log for weekly operations review meetings and QBR. Proposes issue resolution to International Order Management Lead
- Provides input for the regular operations review meetings with country Commercial Teams
- Continuously monitors nature of exceptions and contributes to the update of the playbook to handle them in a standardized way
- Supports the refinement of hospital delivery strategy and the review of transportation performance on regular basis
- Executes order management role according to SLAs and provides input to the KPI system on order process. Proposes actions to continuously improve performance.
- Supports Finance in intercompany invoicing issues.
- Engages in setup and planning activities for process improvements, new customer logistics trial shipments, and related activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree / Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with some years of relevant experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry
- The ideal candidate is well versed in biopharma management in logistics coordination, production/operations planning, and/or customer service
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in GMP and working with Quality and manufacturing organizations
- Working knowledge in biopharma product handling and manufacturing process, understand the impact of process deviations
- Working knowledge and experience working directly with commercial operations
- Experience in executing SOPs and work instructions
- Patient-centric mindset is critical.
- Must exhibit discipline in planning and plan execution
- Ability to work with multiple database and electronic systems. Experience with Oracle/ERP, courier, and material ordering portals, considered a plus
- Must display strong analytical and problem solving skills; attention to details is required; ability to anticipate variance and risks and develop options
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross functionally in a global environment and in matrix teams, as well as with 3rd party service providers
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; working language English, additional languages are desirable.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, self-directed and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Quick learner of new technology/process/work environment and ability to translate learning to work plans for improving business performance.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.