Digital Patient Marketing Associate Director, US Pain BU
Vertex is seeking a talented individual to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Digital Patient Marketing Associate Director, US Pain will own digital patient activation in an acute market responsible for creating and executing digital marketing strategies to reach and engage patients in support of the Pain disease area, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational novel selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. This role will support the evolution and implementation of our innovative go to market model, supporting the launch with focus on empowering patients in treatment discussions and simplifying the patient journey. We are seeking a candidate with extensive experience with digital marketing, non-personal promotion, demonstrated success leading complex cross-functional and agency workstreams and the ability to drive stakeholder alignment across various levels. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment. This role will report to the Director of Patient Marketing for the US Pain Business Unit.
For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/. To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/
- This role is responsible for developing digital patient engagement programs, in line with Patient Marketing priorities
- Will lead the Patient branded media strategy and development of the patient media plan including selection of media programs
- Will collaborate closely with the Director of Digital Customer Engagement and product owner team on patient journey mapping and execution of media plans
- Will work with information technology, multiple vendors, and agencies to ensure the organization's processes, budget, and platforms are operating effectively to support the commercial business needs
- Translate the brand strategy into an effective launch tactical plan for patient digital promotion through creation and execution of measurable programs that engage patient at multiple touchpoints throughout their treatment journey and takes into consideration the different patient segments
- Direct and manage agencies of record to create all digital programming materials such as digital media, social media, SEO/SEM, CRM efforts, and automated engagement tactics ensuring external partners remain on-time and on-budget
- Continuously scan and evaluates external digital patient pilot partnership opportunities to support new patient digital capability building
- Closely partner with Regulatory/Legal/Medical review committee to obtain approval for effective and compliant marketing materials
- Establish key performance indicators for materials to measure and ensure effectiveness of their impact and return on investment
- Partner with privacy and legal on ensuring compliance aligned to emerging state regulations related to healthcare data
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Typically requires 8+ years of work experience leading the delivery of customer facing digital non-personal promotional programs to promote products and services to external customers, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of non-personal digital promotional capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate compelling digital marketing concepts and complex ideas to cross-functional audiences at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing complex internal and external partner relationships involving creative, digital, and media agencies
- Expertise in measurement and analytics of digital programs
- Strong understanding of web content management processes and platforms
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Detail orientation and strong organization, prioritization and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements for pre-and post-approval activities
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Aligned with company culture focused on ethics and integrity in all we do
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and results-driven environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch
- Ability to travel 25-30% - include cross-country
- This position is a hybrid position based in Boston
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.