Corporate Responsibility Associate Director
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) and ESG team is seeking an Associate Director to lead ESG data analytics and management in support of our reporting strategy. This position reports to the Head of Corporate Responsibility.
This role requires expertise in CR/ESG trends, frameworks, and strong project management. The individual will lead cross-functional projects, collaborate with colleagues at varying levels of seniority and work externally with key partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage CR/ESG data analytics across the company
- Monitor various ESG disclosure obligations, emerging regulation and issues, and evolving reporting practices globally
- Design, build and implement CR/ESG data management platform to assist with monitoring progress, to meet mandatory reporting requirements and to establish auditable system
- Manage accuracy and completeness of data by collaborating with and training colleagues across the company
- Analyze progress and challenges of the platform and identify solutions to improve auditable reporting program
- Develop/maintain internal dashboards, slide decks, and reports to support ESG strategy
- Contribute to our reputation externally by supporting targeted ratings and rankings submissions, disclosures (including annual Corporate Responsibility report), and alignment with regulatory and reporting frameworks
- Engage with EHS and sourcing teams to track and report environmental impact data (e.g., Scopes 1, 2 and 3).
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate, including assurance of data included in reports
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to gain credibility and build strong cross-functional relationships
- Capable of managing competing deadlines across multiple projects with minimal supervision and outstanding attention to detail
- Significant experience with managing and reporting data
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and/or 8 or more years of experience in corporate responsibility, ESG, sustainability, project management and/or a related field
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.