Patient Support Operations Associate Director, Pain
Vertex is seeking a talented individual with a track record in US commercial operations roles to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Program Operations and Partner Management, Programs and Patient Support Associate Director will manage the day-to-day partnership and execution of all external partners to support operations and patient support programs for the US Pain Business Unit, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational novel selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. This role will drive the implementation of key patient and HCP programs that enable our go-to-market launch model, working to help ensure that appropriate patients have access to our medicines are that HCPs and patients understand program offerings and relevant requirements. This individual will be charged with implementing critical programs for the business including our patient support program and sampling program. We are seeking a candidate that has demonstrated success building and operating complex programs, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment. This role will report to the Director, Programs and Patient Support, US Pain BU.
For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/.
To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/.
- Drive the selection and contracting for external partners
- Advise on program strategy and opportunities to continually improve our programs to best support patients and HCPs
- Maintain day to day management of all Programs and Patient Support partners; troubleshoot escalated issues for all stakeholders
- Responsible for the development of business rules and KPIs; monitor partner dashboards and reporting to ensure internal and external KPIs are being met
- Responsible for HCP sampling initial eligibility and electronic ordering capabilities
- Oversee external partner call center; regularly monitor patient calls to ensure exceptional patient experience; identify training needs and develop corresponding materials
- Responsible for ongoing partner evaluation and improvement: lead QBRs including program feedback from customers and periodic program reviews
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues (e.g., IDN and Sales team regarding program set-ups, patient advocacy, etc.)
- Responsible for future program innovations, partnership tools, technologies (eBV, ePA, portals, music, meditation, stretching); monitor program offering utilization to inform future recommendations
- Act in complete and total compliance with all laws, regulations and Vertex policies, champion compliance related to unique issues for support programs and patient privacy
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of educational/work experience in healthcare/biopharmaceuticals in patient support, strategy and operations, marketing, consulting, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience operating complex operational patient and/or HCP programs
- Experience driving program strategy and operations, ability to oversee generation of insights, and apply those insights to business problems/opportunities, select and manage vendors
- Experience in pharmaceutical access and reimbursement, including knowledge of co-pay, PAP and payer landscape trends, commercial systems, and analytics
- Intellectually curious with a continuous improvement mindset; high customer service aptitude, seeks to understand and self-educate on current trends in the healthcare market
- Experience contributing and creating excellent team culture
- Entrepreneurial spirit and courage to challenge the status quo to develop innovative approaches to enable launch through data and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to connect with senior leaders as well as more varied large audiences
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and results-driven environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch
- Demonstrated understanding of, and adaptability to, the legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements for pre- and post-approval activities and ability to model expected behavior for the team
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 10%
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.