Digital HCP Marketing Associate Director, US Pain
Vertex is seeking a talented individual to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Digital HCP Marketing Associate Director, US Pain will own digital non-personal promotion and Healthcare Provider (HCP) activation in an acute care market responsible for creating and executing digital marketing strategies to reach and engage diverse HCP specialties (surgeons, anesthesiologists, internists, NP/PA, pharmacists, nurses, etc.) across multiple settings of care (Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC), Office-Based) in support of the Pain Management disease area, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational novel selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. This role will support the evolution and implementation of our innovative go to market model, supporting the launch with focus on educating and equipping HCPs across acute settings of care to consider effective and innovative non-opioid options for their patients with acute pain. We are seeking a candidate with extensive experience with digital non-personal promotion, demonstrated success leading complex cross-functional and agency workstreams and the ability to drive stakeholder alignment across various levels. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment. This role will report to the Director of HCP Marketing for the US Pain Business Unit.
For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/. To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/
- This role is responsible for developing digital HCP engagement programs that support the goals and objectives of the overall brand strategy of the Pain Marketing Team
- Lead development of HCP branded non-personal promotional strategy and plan including selection of media programs
- Collaborate closely with Director of Digital Customer Engagement and product owner team on HCP journey mapping and execution of non-personal promotional media plans
- Work with information technology, multiple vendors, and agencies to ensure the organization's processes, budget, and platforms are operating effectively to support the commercial business needs
- Translates the brand strategy into an effective launch tactical plan for HCP NPP through creation and execution of measurable programs that engage HCPs across multiple settings of care (Hospital Inpatient, Hospital Outpatient, ASC and Office-Based) with messaging and education that is relevant to their current needs in managing their patient’s acute pain.
- Direct and manage agencies of record to create all digital programming materials:
- Manage agencies to deliver annual digital plan and execute all tactics on time and within budget
- Drive creation and delivery of digital content and assets for HCP media, social media channels and other digital channels of interest
- Establish promotional campaigns including CRM and automated engagement
- Closely partner with Regulatory/Legal/Medical review committee to obtain approval for effective and compliant HCP marketing materials
- Establish key performance indicators for key materials to measure and ensure effectiveness of their impact and return on investment
- Establishes and maintains a strong team understanding of the external digital landscape (including trends in AI)
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Typically requires 8+ years of work experience leading the delivery of customer facing digital non-personal promotional programs to promote products and services to external HCP customers, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of HCP non-personal digital promotional capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate compelling digital marketing concepts and complex ideas to cross-functional audiences at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing complex internal and external partner relationships involving creative, digital, and media agencies
- Expertise in measurement and analytics of digital programs
- Strong understanding of web content management processes and platforms
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Detail orientation and strong organization, prioritization and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements for pre-and post-approval activities
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Aligned with company culture focused on ethics and integrity in all we do
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and results-driven environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch
- Ability to travel 25-30% - include cross-country
- This position is a hybrid position weekly (3 days onsite, 2 days remote) based in Boston
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.