Pricing & Market Access Associate Director
Pricing and Market Access Associate Director – Distributor business (CEE markets)
Reporting to the Head of Distributor Markets Market Access, the Market Access Associate Director will be responsible for the technical aspects of the pricing and reimbursement process in the Distributors Region, including but not limited to independently leading and coordinating cross functional projects, project manager the preparation of reimbursement dossiers in cooperation with Distributors partners. Negotiations with payers, response to payer questions; price management and business cases for new launch approvals and/or price changes for the Distributors Region. This role is managing the CEE Region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will develop market access materials (Price and Reimbursement submissions, responses, price analysis) for Vertex medicines leading up to and during their launch.
- Collaborate with distributors partners representatives in the country, other colleagues, and external consultants, as needed, with a particular emphasis on defining the Access Strategy per country/product, prepare reimbursement submissions, develop country-specific economic models and present economic evidence to payers.
- This position will lead the development of solid business cases per country/product for obtaining internal senior leadership approval.
- This position will create innovative offers and access programs. Prepare and lead payer negotiation in close collaboration with country commercial lead.
- This position will ensure pricing compliance across countries, manage country prices and analytics, and maintain updated Pricing Systems. In addition will be responsible for collecting local market insights, rules, and regulations.
- Enforces a culture of compliance and best practices as well as a commitment to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of region operations
- The position will work closely with Vertex’s Commercial, finance, medical, legal, marketing and market access international teams, building and leveraging relationships with relevant stakeholders in line with Vertex’s approved and agreed business strategy.
- Work closely with legal and OBIE (Office of Business Integrity and Ethics) departments to ensure compliance.
- Exhibit ownership and accountability for all projects and internal assignments.
- Exemplify Vertex’s core values in fulfilling these job duties.
Required Education Level
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree strongly preferred in a science/analytic field or healthcare professional.
- Extensive formal health economic training through academic degree or courses/trainings.
- Significant experience of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience in Market Access.
- Experience working with distributors partners and understanding of healthcare systems, Reimbursement system and Reimbursement submissions in CEE countries, specifically in countries like Hungary, Romania, Baltics
- Experienced Negotiator with Payors.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to communicate complex concepts and negotiate with others
- Strong record of successful negotiations with payers
- Ability to complete projects and achieve goals on time while delivering high quality results.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to effectively analyze data sets to determine trends and inform strategies
- A dynamic, business focused and creative individual.
- Solid understanding of the compliance framework
- Adept at working in multiple countries/cultures
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to take on new challenges and still be part of a team taking a hands-on approach to projects
- Fluent in English
• International experience
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.