Product Owner, Modular Content & Digital Asset Management (DAM), US Pain
Product Owner, Modular Content & Digital Asset Management (DAM), US Pain Business Unit
Vertex is seeking a talented leader to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Product Owner, Modular Content & DAM will be an integral part of the US Pain Marketing Team, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational novel selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. This role will be part of a small team of Product Owners that will support other core marketing technology platforms and will drive the evolution and implementation of our innovative go to market model that focuses on a lean in-person presence supplemented by robust digital engagement. This position will play a critical role in setting the vision and roadmap for our Modular Content & DAM platform to drive an optimized customer experience across the healthcare professionals and patients we seek to engage. We are seeking a candidate that has a strong experience and background in marketing technology with a specific focus on transformation in scaled content production, establishing a content operating model and DAM platform solutions. This candidate should have experience in working in commercial business units, demonstrated success in educating and coaching teammates, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment. This role reports to the Director, Digital Customer Experience for the US Pain Business Unit.
For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/. To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/.
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for establishing modular content capabilities and setup/implementation of a DAM platform.
- Build business requirements and use cases to ensure that the short and long-term content strategy aligns with defined user personas and effectively addresses customer needs.
- Develop content workflows and processes that are built in collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders to enable scaled content production review and delivery (e.g., Marketing Operations, Legal, Regulatory, etc.).
- Create and maintain necessary documentation related to modular content processes and guidelines.
- Establish the content tagging and taxonomy structure that will be used to incorporate assets into the DAM platform across all digital assets.
- Partner with the Marketing Team & agency partner on the creation, curation, and maintenance of digital content while ensuring it follows the established guidelines and tagging/taxonomy structure.
- Responsible for monitoring content performance, gathering feedback from appropriate stakeholders, and leveraging data to optimize content strategy (e.g., implementing testing approaches to enhance content performance).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales and DTE (IT), to ensure the modular content strategy and roadmap align with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Partner with other product owners and platform leads to ensure the seamless integration of modular content and DAM into other marketing technology platforms (e.g., Marketing Automation).
- Manage expectations and feedback acting as a bridge between stakeholders to ensure effective communication of product updates and milestones.
- Participate in all aspects of agile process including sprint planning and retrospective meetings to ensure efficient development cycles and prioritized features based on business and customer needs.
- Provide strategic input that helps manage the relationship with the DAM vendor to evaluate potential platform updates or upgrades and recommendations on their implementation.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in Modular Content & DAM to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, and customer-centricity within the product team and across the organization.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to support business goals and engage above role while serving as a peer leader on the marketing and launch readiness teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of work experience working with marketing technology platforms with a specific concentration in content production, process transformation and DAM platforms.
- Healthcare/biopharmaceuticals experience is required.
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or similar role; project management experience is a plus.
- Proven experience in digital asset management, content management, or product management.
- Strong understanding of DAM systems and related technologies.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience establishing and gaining cross-functional and leadership alignment on a marketing technology product vision, roadmap, and implementation plan in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to effectively document commercial business requirements into articulate functional requirements to ensure alignment on stated business objectives across teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage complex compliance requirements.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and courage to challenge the status quo to develop innovative and focused approaches to enable launch through data and technology, regular measurement of results and pivoting based on our test and learn strategy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to connect with senior leaders as well as more varied large audiences.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and results-driven environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, privacy, and compliance requirements within the life sciences industry specific to the use of marketing technology platforms
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 10 - 20%
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.