Associate Director, Analytical Development
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a talented leader to join our Analytical Development team in Boston, MA. As the Associate Director, you will play a central role in advancing transformative medicines through all stages of clinical development. You will lead a team dedicated to small molecule analytical development activities, providing scientific leadership and fostering team development.
- Leadership: Lead and inspire a team of analytical development professionals, fostering their growth and development.
- Project Oversight: Oversee and be accountable for all deliverables assigned to your team, including people management and development.
- Strategy Development: Develop and execute analytical project team plans and strategies to support drug substance and drug product development.
- Scientific Contribution: Collaborate with other R&D functions to address analytical and broader drug development challenges.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to cGMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices) and Regulatory guidelines.
- Laboratory Expertise: Apply expertise in laboratory techniques commonly used in the analysis of pharmaceutical products.
- Collaboration: Work both independently and collaboratively within a matrix team environment.
- Continued Learning: As a member of dynamic and diverse Analytical Development and CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls) teams, you will have opportunities for continued learning and cross-functional collaboration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting.
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs and Regulatory guidelines.
- Expertise in laboratory techniques commonly used in pharmaceutical product analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in physical sciences with a preference for a concentration in Analytical Chemistry and 7+ years of productive work experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on small molecules
- M.S. (or equivalent degree) in physical sciences with a preference for a concentration in Analytical Chemistry and 9+ years of productive, relevant work experience, or
- B.S. (or equivalent degree) and 11+ years of productive, relevant work experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.