Vertex Physicians in Pharma Programme
The Vertex Physicians in Pharma Programme (VPiPP) is a unique, one-year work placement for exceptional physicians in training who wish to enrich their curriculum and knowledge by understanding and experiencing pharmaceutical medicine.
Physicians will be integrated into the Vertex Medical Affairs team, contributing to development of activities in one or more of Vertex’s therapeutic areas. They will also have the opportunity to understand other areas of Pharmaceutical Medicine, such as clinical development, patient safety, and regulatory affairs, through rotations and/or shadowing opportunities.
The aim of the program is to introduce qualified and motivated specialist physicians to medical affairs work and clinical development strategy, to develop strong and well-rounded future clinical or industry leaders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the timely implementation of International or Country Medical plans.
- In collaboration with Country and International Medical leads, supports the planning and process aspects of Vertex sponsored medical education events, advisory boards, medical reporting and regional internal medical meetings. Tracks and manages all aspects of activities within the assigned remit
- Builds and manages collaborative relationships with internal cross functional teams such as Commercial, Regulatory, Market Access, HEOR, Corporate Communications, Clinical Development, and external stakeholders
- Communicates externally with healthcare professionals (HCPs)/healthcare organisations (HCOs) as per business needs
- Ensures accurate, robust, and appropriate medical/scientific exchange both internally and externally whilst adhering to applicable legislation, in particular: privacy/GDPR, Code of Conduct, and reporting payments to HCPs (Global Spend Transparency).
- Delivers internal and external presentations to enhance medical knowledge of development projects and marketed products
- Works with Compliance and Legal to identify, advise and implement process improvements to ensure optimal compliance and process efficiency
- Contributes to advising and educating other regions and/or functions
Required Education Level
- MD, MD/PhDs or MD with another advanced degree
Candidates should be either:
- Enrolled at recognised specialty training programme, ideally at ST3-ST6 level, utilising their OOPC year or
- Physicians who have completed specialty training and are interested in 1 year work placement in industry
- Preference would be given to candidates with expertise in the following areas: Endocrinology/Diabetology, Haematology, Nephrology and Neurology/Pain Management
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.