Packaging & Labelling Manager, 12 month FTC
The Packaging & Labelling Manager will deliver reliably on independent activities within Technical Operations. This role will serve as a key participant on internal and external cross-functional teams within the assigned technical area. The Packaging & Labelling Manager will support completion of project activities and assist in maintaining effective interactions with stakeholders.
This position is a 12 month FTC covering maternity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a resource in the assigned business area
- Manages artwork development, implementation and life-cycle maintenance for commercial products, with minimal supervision
- Assists in maintaining effective relationships between Vertex and external graphics providers and printers to ensure Vertex artwork is developed on time with best in class quality
- Controls changes from initiation through implementation using formalized systems and processes
- Works effectively with multiple stakeholders including Regulatory Affairs, Project Management, Supply Chain, Quality, and Marketing to meet project timelines and objectives
- Supports resolution of quality investigations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Awareness of best practices for artwork development and global pharmaceutical artwork requirements.
- Solid communication, collaboration and team building skills; ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and flexibility to accommodate changes in responsibilities or project priorities
Education and Experience:
- Requires experience in similar role within pharmaceutical industry
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.