Sr. Director, Commercial Manufacturing & Supply Chain Product Lifecycle - Diabetes
Strategic Program Leader-Type-1 Diabetes (T1D) Program – Commercial Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston), Senior Director
The Strategic Program Leader of T1D will provide cross-functional leadership in Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Chain (CMSC) for commercialization of Vertex’s T1D portfolio. This role will play an integral part in the development and commercialization of Vertex’s T1D assets by building a long-term manufacturing and supply chain roadmap, prioritizing key projects and investments encompassing physical product enhancements, process and method technical changes, sourcing and scale up, launches, robustness/quality and productivity projects. They will ensure global alignment with the internal Disease Strategy (DST) Team, as well as, planning and hitting all Commercial Manufacturing & Supply Chain goals and targets.
- Leads the CMSC cross-discipline teams supporting the T1D program with specific focus on the launch of Vertex’s first commercial T1D therapy as well portfolio lifecycle planning teams. This includes the development of goals specific to the various T1D programs and aligning operational plans with different CMSC functions in support of those goals.
- Represents CMSC on cross functional teams including corporate Disease Strategy Team, development manufacturing teams and commercial launch teams.
- Aligns program specific operational plans with tech transfer/validations teams and with Commercial Manufacturing operation leads.
- Collaborates and aligns with project managers to track and manage program-specific deliverables.
- Communicates progress and proactively escalates issues with Disease Area Expert’s and CMSC Lead Team.
- Anticipates future industry trends and keeps abreast with a strong foundational of knowledge of manufacturing, development, and supply.
- B.S. or BA in science and/or engineering (biotechnology, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related sciences). Master or advanced degree (sciences or business) preferred.
- 10-15 years extensive experience and demonstrated leadership in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management, with a significant component in manufacturing, development or supply.
- Capability to build cross-functional alignment including R&D, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Regulatory, Finance, and Manufacturing partners.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, strategic thinking and leadership in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability with ability to make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality, and risk.
- Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.