Field Operations Manager - US Market Access
The Field Operations Manager, US Market Access plays a key role in the operational excellence efforts of the US Market Access (USMA) customer engagement teams at Vertex. The role supports USMA field teams (Payer, Trade, Reimbursement) and collaborates closely with internal partners to support and project manage several field activities. This individual has an important role helping prepare the field teams for several upcoming launches in multiple therapeutic areas. Individual reports to the Executive Director, US Payer Accounts and Market Access Field Operations, supporting day to day priorities for all USMA field teams.
- Market access lead for all field internal meeting support (Plan of Action meetings (POA), launch meetings, manager meetings) to support field teams including development of meeting agendas and align with cross-functional colleagues to ensure focus on key priorities and goals across all therapeutic areas. This individual will work closely with market access strategy, brand teams, field HEOR, field training, and marketing operations for these activities.
- Serves as project manager for all above activities and aligns internal stakeholders on milestones, dates, deliverables well in advance of deadlines.
- Market access lead for national and regional market access conferences, memberships, and sponsorships including coordination of customer meetings and sponsorship activities as well as budget support.
- Manage cross-functional market access field team meeting agendas (Weekly Field operations/Market Access Strategy/Field Leadership meeting and weekly field team meetings)
- Coordinate with field training to ensure effective roll-out of field training resources. Collects, summarizes, and provides market access field training needs related to the current issues and trends to the extended team and leadership.
- Support goal setting process, strategic planning, and activities across all market access field teams. Contributes to the development of tools and reports to track customer-specific critical success factors, strategic imperatives, key tactical programs, performance metrics and KPIs.
- Leverages internal and external data to enhance understanding of the market access landscape for reporting, dashboards, and consolidated insights to inform field and HQ stakeholders.
- Supports field leadership in assisting in slide creation and editing for leadership and cross-functional meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years relevant experience in life sciences organization or healthcare industry, including 2 years’ experience in market access/managed care or patient services, or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong project management experience
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- PowerPoint and Excel knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and facilitation skills
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and communicate complex information clearly.
- Independent worker with demonstrated troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.