Digital Marketing Director - Global
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for working with commercial teams across global, North America, and International to develop go-to-market strategies, plans, budgets, and digital assets that enable regional and country-level commercial teams. This role is also responsible for developing global digital customer engagement programs, in line with organizational priorities. The Digital Marketing Director also works with information technology, multiple vendors and agencies to ensure the organization's processes, personnel, budget, and platforms are operating effectively to support the commercial business needs across all geographies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains a strong understanding of the external digital landscape for assigned disease areas and uses this understanding to inform each brand’s go-to-market plans.
- Engages with global and regional brand teams to ensure pre-launch and launch global tactics are aligned with regional plans, resources, and digital operating model.
- Works with regions and local country marketing teams to analyze digital and omnichannel performance and identify data-driven actions to improve performance.
- Identifies current and future gaps in the commercial organization's ability to engage customers through digital channels such as websites, emails, and social media
- Ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly documented and communicated to ensure effective delivery of digital programs
- Identifies and manages multiple external agencies and vendors supporting digital programs
- Supports the growth of digital skills throughout the commercial organization
Knowledge and Skills:
- Translation of inline and pipeline product strategies into global digital programs
- Experience developing, launching, and optimizing digital programs across multiple geographies and functions
- Ability to effectively communicate compelling digital marketing concepts and complex ideas to cross-functional audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing complex internal and external partner relationships involving creative, digital, and media agencies.
- Expertise in measurement and analytics of digital programs
- Strong understanding of web content management processes and platforms
- Expert skills in digital program budget development and management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Typically requires 10+ years of work experience leading the delivery of customer facing digital programs to promote products and services to external customers, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.