Commercial IT - Associate Director - CF
Vertex is seeking an innovative and experienced leader to business engagement, strategy, and execution for all brands in Cystic Fibrosis for North America market. The Associate Director, Business Engagement & Technology will partner with our commercial organizations to deliver technical solutions that meet the business needs. This role will work directly with the business partners and other functional stakeholders to own technical and digital capabilities, identifying solutions with data first approach to deliver business priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders - become a trusted partner for CF sales & marketing, patient services, and other DTE teams.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the requirements, business expectations and align technology strategy to deliver it,
- Present ideas and forward-looking plans to, and engage directly with, cross-functional senior leaders on regular basis,
- Oversee a portfolio of projects, programs, releases, and system enhancements, ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery while remaining within allocated budget limits,
- Proactively identify opportunities for digital intervention with innovative technologies, solution ideas, and potential business process improvements in pursuit of driving efficiencies and deliver technical stewardship in CF business,
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and other key regulations, as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirements,
- Manage relationships with strategic software vendors and service providers,
- As a people manager within the organization, has financial accountabilities and human resource responsibilities for assigned staff,
- Develop budget for a program,
Knowledge and Skills:
- Practical knowledge of best practices in launch preparation and field enablement technologies
- Proven ability to stay abreast of industry and technology trends
- Deep understanding of patient services, data management, and CRM platform capabilities
- Good understanding of technology and solution architecture
- Customer service orientation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or equivalent
- 8 -10 years’ experience working in delivering technology programs with at least 5-7 years of industry experience,
- Experience in supporting commercial launch readiness, across multiple systems including CRM, digital marketing, and patient services.
- Good understanding of patient services in a rare diseases experience in optimizing business process and identifying technical solution.
- Able to translate broad business strategies and functional priorities into effective operational goals and objectives; able to actively participate in strategic planning for the function,
- Results oriented leader with a proven track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional, and complex projects with global stakeholders,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all audiences,
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills, including the development of business cases/ value propositions,
- Substantial program/ project management, demand management, resource management and system life cycle expertise,
- Superior people management skills and proven success in building high-performing teams,
- Expertise in Agile methodology and working in Agile environments,
- Experience in procuring, implementing, and managing commercial technology
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.