Key Account Manager, New Zealand, 12 month contract
This is a field based role in New Zealand
We are looking for a high performing and ambitious Key Account Manager (KAM) to ensure that all barriers to usage of Vertex rare disease medicines are addressed and that all patients who could benefit from the products have access. This goal will be achieved by the incumbent supporting the development and execution of specific account level business plans at all Cystic Fibrosis (C centers; communicating disease and product knowledge to healthcare professional customers and ensuring that the full long-term value of the products are fully understood by all relevant stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with a wide variety of key stakeholders in assigned geography
- Supports the development and execution of account level business plans that are insight driven and will move the business forward
- Promotes safe and effective use of Vertex's portfolio of CF drugs, in accordance with the product labels to ensure that the benefits and long-term value of the products are fully understood
- Stays current on the CF environment: maintains in-depth knowledge of disease, local drivers, treatment and referral patterns, key account profiles, influence patterns, reimbursement, and barriers to optimal care
- Facilitates the coordination of internal and external resources to enhance patient care, and ensures delivery of account plan targets
- Works collaboratively across functional areas to achieve common goals
- Works with marketing lead to create and execute marketing plans
- Accountable for performance at the territory level, and contributes to regional and national team performance
- Supports appropriate resource allocation to meet customer needs and address gaps in the care system
- Supports development and execution of account level business plan, including promotional activities for customers, forecasting and tracking promotional budget
- Supports the coordination of internal and external resources to enhance patient care
- Participates in meetings, and takes on projects, as requested by management
- Exercises sound judgment, and adheres to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates active listening skills as a springboard for creating relevant value to customers and key CF stakeholders
- Ability to manage scientific data, and to communicate it effectively to different audiences (e.g., CF physician, hospital director, regional payer)
- Project management skills
- Conceptual understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments
- Demonstrates team-based skills, and is able to network across boundaries
- Embraces and adopts new technologies and techniques
- Highly competent in a multitude of IT capabilities to support the business needs
- Excellent contextual selling skills with proven record of performance
- Ability to travel up to 50% across New Zealand and monthly/bi-monthly travel to Australia
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant field experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.