The Imaging Director will provide imaging-related strategic, scientific, and operational leadership to impact drug development at Vertex. Expertise and hands-on experience in imaging in at least one of the imaging modalities (MRI, PET, SPECT, ultrasound, or CT) is required. This role will support clinical trials in all stages of drug development (Phase 0 to Phase IV). The key deliverable of this role is design and implementation of imaging assessments in Vertex trials. To do so, the Clinical Imaging Lead will collaborate across Vertex functions, as well as with external KOLs and imaging CROs. In addition, the CIL will closely collaborate with Vertex’s preclinical imaging team to support research teams and discover novel imaging biomarkers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise on incorporation of imaging endpoints in Vertex’s clinical trials.
- Building the imaging strategy for Vertex programs in collaboration with the drug development teams and oversee their execution to ensure delivery of high-quality results in compliance with corporate and federal regulations.
- Accountable for the successful execution of imaging assessments in Vertex trials in collaboration with colleagues from Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, and Clinical Operations.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to drug development teams on appropriate imaging modalities for the clinical trial needs and articulate the operational feasibility and challenges of various imaging modalities.
- Collaborate closely with Vertex’s preclinical imaging team to support design the methodology of preclinical imaging studies and provide subject matter expertise, as needed.
- Represent Imaging on multidisciplinary pre-clinical and clinical teams.
- Support image analysis of imaging data, internally or through external collaboration.
- Develop and maintain a network of external imaging experts and imaging CROs.
Education & Experience:
- PhD or MD/PhD with 9+ yrs. pharmaceutical industry or imaging CRO experience focused on applying clinical imaging for drug development.
- Expertise in at least one imaging modality (MRI, PET, SPECT, ultrasound, or CT) and hands-on experience in image data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary drug development teams in pharmaceutical industry or in imaging CROs.
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, and communication skills, and ability to drive global collaborations across a matrixed organization.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.