Global Commercial Strategy Marketing Associate Director
The Global Commercial Strategy Marketing Associate Director is a key partner and advisor to the SVP Global Commercial Strategy on a variety of strategic, operational, and organizational matters. The role requires both strategic thinking, as well as an ability to manage complex details and drive actions across a variety of areas. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and highly organized individual with exceptional emotional intelligence, communication skills and judgement.
- As a member of the Global Commercial Strategy Leadership Team (GCSLT), work closely with the SVP and other members of the GCSLT to set strategic direction for the organization and ensure alignment with strategic objectives, keep GCSLT and other stakeholders informed on key accomplishments, issues, and next steps
- Develop and manage a process for measuring and reporting progress on high-priority initiatives and programs across the Global Commercial Strategy organization
- Support the SVP & GCSLT in defining and developing high-impact executive, cross-functional, and cross-team communications. Oversee or manage key meetings, develop agendas, and ensure that important decisions and action items are documented and fully addressed
- Drive or support critical business processes relevant to Global Commercial Strategy, including Long Range Planning, Global Brand Planning, and Commercial budgeting in partnership with CCO’s chief of staff office, finance, and / or other stakeholders as appropriate
- Lead or manage additional special projects and high-profile initiatives, as appropriate. Identify and set plan to proactively address business needs to ensure success of organization
- Act as a liaison between the SVP and cross-functional colleagues to ensure alignment and coordination on a wide variety of cross-functional initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of progressive, relevant experience with demonstrated experience in commercial strategy or marketing, and experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Outstanding communication of information and ideas, both written and verbal, to diverse audiences, including executives. Strong presentation-building abilities
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to influence multiple stakeholders. Builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members. Employs active listening skills
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities; adapt to new projects rapidly and effectively; strategic thinker with a proven track record of driving for implementation
- Demonstrated analytical and information technology skills
- Self-motivated; acts independently and prioritizes appropriately; embraces unexpected changes or challenges and drives to improved solutions
- Navigates organizational complexities, recommends solutions, and promotes collaboration across functions
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.