About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Warehouse Manager you will report to the Supply Chain Operations Director to establish and oversee the new warehouse, materials management, and inventory control at Sana’s GMP manufacturing facility in Bothell, WA. You will be responsible for defining and documenting warehouse and material handling processes, building the Warehouse team, and overseeing and performing activities and personnel. Cool stuff.
What you’ll do
- Develop and support implementation of processes to set up a new warehouse including inventory management, material inventory strategies ie kanban, and material workflows
- Receive all incoming shipments and act as a primary point of contact for deliveries to the warehouse. Process incoming material receipt and collect certificates for material release, as required
- Work with IT, Quality and other stakeholders to implement an inventory management system/process complaint with GMP requirements
- Setup the physical spaces in the warehouse and the appropriate storage solutions for different categories of materials
- Develop roles and build a warehouse team to support requirements of the site
- Support the set up of new material qualification efforts, master data management, vendor managed inventory
- Partner with key stakeholders to define and document material handoffs between functions
- Lead cycle count process
- Support generation and data collection for metrics and reports
- Manage and escalate material supply risks to internal stakeholders. Collaborate cross‑functionally to develop and execute mitigation plans
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Innate ability to assess talent that will help grow the organization and add to Sana’s culture
What we’re looking for
- Over 8 years’ experience in Supply Chain/ Materials Management with a Bachelor's degree or more than 4 years with a Master's degree
- Specialized experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with a preference for expertise in cell therapy
- Direct experience and knowledge in warehouse, and/or materials planning/procurement
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing facility
- Must be on-site
- Experience using inventory management, asset management and environmental monitoring systems.
- Experience in biotech/pharma industry, specifically cell therapy
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Work independently and plan schedules and activities to accomplish objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
What you should know
- Moderate physical effort required
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-40 pounds
- Frequently required to stand
- Regularly required to walk
- Repetitive use of hands; simple grasping, controlled grasping, and fine manipulation
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $145,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.