Supply Chain Director
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Supply Chain Operations Director, you will report to the Bothell Site Plant Manager and to the Global Supply Chain head to establish and oversee material management planning, procurement, and inventory control functions at Sana’s GMP manufacturing facility in Bothell, WA. You will be responsible for defining and documenting functional processes, building the site Supply Chain team, and overseeing activities and personnel. You will also sit on the site leadership team and participate in setting the strategic direction of the site’s structures, policies, and functional processes. Cool stuff.
What you’ll do
- Write and create processes owned or supported by Supply Chain that will be used within the site with input from the global supply chain team
- Create the inventory management process with cross functional input to ensure GMP requirements are met
- Work closely with operations to develop production capacity plans and strategies for the medium and long term
- Oversee the creation of the full site and production material list and determine usage, ordering and inventory strategy of materials
- Oversee the design of warehouse and material management workflows and overall strategy of storage levels, supply levels and kitting/consumption operations
- Create the procurement and planning process flow to ensure coordinated and efficient supply of production (cost reduction programs and key supplier management) and coordinate with Global SC to ensure efficiencies
- Ownership for site Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Develop any logistic processes needed at site
- When appropriate, identify potential capacity and operational efficiency opportunities
- Work cross functionally (e.g.; Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing etc) to understand roles and responsibilities between the teams and establish good working practices and expectations
- Own site level support of global responsibilities
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Innate ability to assess talent that will help grow the organization and add to Sana’s culture
What we’re looking for
- BS degree and 10 plus years’ experience providing strategic and operational leadership in a customer driven planning and logistics environment. Prior experience in biotech or cell and gene therapy industry is required
- Experience in operating in a GMP facility handling biological product
- Experience in starting up a facility and/or creating supply chain processes to support a new facility
- A systems subject matter expert with a process focus from planning through fulfillment and Inventory Management/ERP/MRP implementation.
- Significant experience managing people and providing both tactical and strategic leadership to the cross functional teams and the site as a whole
- Breadth of experience in new material set up, and managing raw material planning
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Possesses the intellect, style and integrity to that customer will perceive him/her as an expert who can resolve and anticipate their manufacturing and supply problems and with whom they would like to do business
- Has the ability and qualities to develop long-term cross functional relationships
- Candidate must have the ability to work effectively under high pressure with multiple deadlines
What will separate you from the crowd
- MBA Preferred
- Pivotal to Commercial operational launch experience
- Site or Global S&OP experience|
What you should know
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $190,000 and $230,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.