Senior Director, Supply and Operational Planning Leader
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Supply and Operational Planning Leader, you will report to the VP, Head of Supply Chain to establish S&OP processes and tools for the enterprise supply chain, develop and own the fit for purpose master forecast, and figure out the handshakes among enterprise supply chain, internal manufacturing sites, CDMOs, and program teams. Cool stuff.
What you’ll do
- Ensure continuity of supply for Sana’s innovative cell therapy and gene therapy products
- Develop, establish, and lead the S&OP process ensuring cross functional visibility and alignment to the master forecast, production schedule(s) and inventory plans for critical materials, clinical and commercial products. Establish a well-designed integrated demand and supply plan from raw materials to final distribution
- Define and manage master forecast and planning process. Establish expectations and agreements for program level, site level, and enterprise level planning, visibility, and communications, including roles and responsibilities for participants in the S&OP process
- Partner cross functionally within and outside supply chain to align demand assumptions with capacity needs at internal and external manufacturing sites, and to ensure a consistent supply of critical materials to meet the production plan both near term and long range. Develop strategies to establish and maintain a robust supply chain that transitions seamlessly from to clinical to commercial
- Ensure identification, monitoring, and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities related to the product and critical material supply chain. Responsible for proactive and transparent communication and action planning with stakeholders including program teams, site, and senior leadership.
- Partner cross-functionally to define the enterprise, site, and functional integration points and align on key agreements, roles and responsibilities for management of the supply chain and supply of materials for internal manufacturing site as well as external manufacturing
- Establish planning policy and parameters (e.g. inventory targets, planning horizons, master data, etc.). Develop and maintain stage appropriate ways to implement and maintain good planning
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to identify & drive continuous improvement projects with cross-functional teams in order to reach best in class Supply Chain performance. Work with internal & external partners to advise on S&OP trends, best practices, benchmarking studies, and research reports to shape the future state of the S&OP process in step with Sana’s growth and evolution
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, rigor and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Innate ability to assess talent that will help grow the organization and add to Sana’s culture
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors degree in science, engineering, supply chain, or related field
- 12+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry with 5+ years of experience in supply chain or S&OP management
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills
- Track record of working and leading in matrix organization and influencing across multi-site, multi-function program teams
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic start-up environment that requires learning agility and the ability to plan and execute through ambiguity
- Ability to communicate strategic and technical concepts, plans, and tradeoffs effectively to stakeholders at many levels of the organization and from different technical functions or backgrounds
- Direct experience with sales and operations planning processes and materials requirements planning
What will separate you from the crowd
- Expert skills in planning and forecasting
- Previous cell and gene therapy experience
- Experience leading or establishing an S&OP process
- Experience evaluating and/or implementing ERP or other supply chain management systems
What you should know
- Some travel (<10%) to vendor locations and other Sana sites will be required
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $200,000 and $230,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.