Site Technical Lead, MS&T
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As the Site Technical Lead, MS&T you will report to the Exec. Director, Manufacturing Site Start-Up Lead, to help start-up the manufacturing facility and successfully implement manufacturing processes. You will be at the forefront of delivering new capabilities for the organization by being a critical component in starting up Sana’s first manufacturing site. In this capacity, you will define the way Sana runs manufacturing going forward as well as build new relationships with amazing internal partners as well as external.
What you’ll do
- Act as liaison between process development teams located at multiple site and manufacturing to receive and implement manufacturing processes at the Bothell site
- Help build technical expertise on the process at the site
- Identify strategic and operational issues to prevent deviations and maintain a compliant environment.
- Lead and manage the development of corrective and preventative actions, deviation responses and investigations
- Lead and design studies to troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Lead process validations efforts
- Hire, mentor and develop exceptional people
- This position will require occasional shift work, including holidays and weekends.
- This position will require working in a clean room environment, with exposure to human blood components.
- Maintain current state of training with cGMP SOPs.
- Engage in strategic and purposeful discussions to ensure stakeholder alignment when executing maintenance and calibration activities
- Influence decision making on facilities and equipment within the purview of maintenance and calibration.
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor, and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Innate ability to assess talent that will help grow the organization and add to Sana’s culture
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors in relevant science or engineering discipline or equivalent in work experience
- 7+ years of relevant process development and tech transfer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with understanding of documentation requirements
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience with implementing cell therapy processes at cGMP facilities
- Experience with site start-up activities from the beginning (as one of the first hires of the team).
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies.
What you should know
- This position will be located in Bothell, WA
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $130,000 and $160,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.