Sr. Patient Engagement Specialist
If you got into healthcare to make a difference, you’re in the right place. We’re looking for a result-driven, engagement oriented, mission-focused, dynamic Sr. Patient Engagement Specialist who is passionate about working with seniors (and their families), especially those navigating mental and behavioral health challenges. Someone who is searching for a workplace and culture that is as committed to them as they are their patients. If that’s you, read on!
At Rippl, we are a passionate, impatient, slightly irreverent, people-obsessed group of optimists & doers intent on building a movement to bring mental healthcare to our aging population. We believe there is no more noble mission than caring for people at this critical stage of life, and we’re ready to take action.
We’re reimagining what it feels like to experience a mental health challenge as a senior. By leveraging an obsession with supporting our clinicians, a new care model and disruptive technology, we are pioneering an entirely new way to democratize senior access to high quality, wrap-around mental and behavioral healthcare, both for seniors and their families and caregivers. Helping them stay healthier, at home longer, and out of the ER.
Our Core Values
At Rippl, we live and breathe a set of shared, core values that help us build the best team, guide how we work together, and best serve our patients, families and caregivers.
If not Us, then Who? Seniors need better mental health care NOW. Our mission is urgent. And, we’ve got the perfect team to take this on.
Mission is our Middle Name There is no more noble mission than caring for seniors with mental health challenges. We’ve set out to make a giant, lasting, transformational impact.
Clinician Obsession Our team members are our focus, our obsession. We listen and learn from, and with, our clinicians to find the right answers. When we care obsessively for our clinicians, our patients and families will get the care they deserve.
Moving Mountains We see what we’re doing as a movement–a movement focused on solving one of the most important, most urgent challenges in healthcare for a really special group of people.
Raising the bar, for everyone We are leveraging world class expertise to define a new standard of care. Partnering with the country’s leading academic institutions and geriatric clinicians, we are bringing clinical excellence to our seniors.
Join the movement
We’re looking to find other changemakers who are ready to join our movement. Those who believe serving seniors is their calling, their reason for jumping out of bed every day. Our ambition is to create a nirvana workplace for this tribe! And, most importantly, help them make a giant difference in the lives of their patients. Because, “if not us, then who?”
The Sr. Patient Engagement Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for patients, caregivers, and community partners throughout their comprehensive onboarding experience with Rippl, fielding real-time calls in a virtual environment. As the front line voice of Rippl, the Sr. Patient Engagement Specialist is accountable for driving engagement, outreach and acceptance rates with patients and caregivers. This role will schedule initial patient visits and support patient intake requirements. This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about being part of the early stages of growing a business, who seeks career growth, and really cares about making a huge difference with the senior population.
- Effectively and confidently articulate Rippl’s offerings
- Serve as lead for building and delivering training for the Patient Engagement Team
- Engage with new patient leads and convert to Rippl’s offering. Maintain an acceptance rate equivalent to industry standard
- Provide a smooth and efficient onboarding of patients and/or their caregivers
- Gather and verify patient information, including insurance and demographics
- Responsible for in and outbound phone, email, e-referral and fax management, with primary focus on accurate and timely patient intake
- Schedule appointments with Rippl Care Team
- Own all elements of patient intake processing and workflows, including creation of patient accounts within Rippl’s EHR
- Respond to patient inquiries and provide information on Rippl services
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient demographics in CRM/EHR
- Collaborate with Care Team to ensure a seamless transition of newly converted patients assigned to the Care Pods
- Ensure required onboarding paperwork has been completed by the patient or Power of Attorney (POA) and uploaded to the EHR prior to the first scheduled visit
- Request and obtain any necessary medical documents from healthcare providers, to ensure Rippl’s Care Team has the most up-to-date and comprehensive patient record
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Passion for working with seniors, their families and caregivers
- 3-6 years experience in an inside sales role (i.e. experience with sales goals and performance metrics) in a healthcare environment required
- Expert in patient outreach and conversion, account management, and exemplary customer service
- Demonstrated ability to build and teach a patient engagement training program preferred
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist, Intake Specialist, Contact Center representative, Medical Billing Specialist, and experience with insurance verification preferred
- Proficiency with various systems, including call center technology, customer relationship management (CRM) (Salesforce preferred), and electronic health records (EHR) (Athena preferred)
- Knowledge of medical and behavioral health terminology
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to jump into uncomfortable moments and build authentic relationships
- Passion for being a part of a team that is building a new care delivery model for seniors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to connect and build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
What’s in it for you
Our most important responsibility as a company is to ensure you’re supported in every way possible to be ready every day to serve your patients. We’ve designed a generous enablement and benefits package to ensure you are ready to do your very best work.
- Development, mentoring and training programs designed to help you chart your dream career and make sure you are learning everything you need to know as you gain more responsibility
- Fast growth company with opportunities to take on more responsibility or develop into new roles
- Flexible schedules and the opportunity to work from home
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 401(k) plan with a healthy match
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance and Disability
- Well-being and Remote Work stipend
- Generous Paid Time Off
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Role: Range is $27 - $33 per hour (DOE)
We are going to make some very big waves starting with a small Rippl - come join us!