**This is role is based in the Greater Seattle, WA area and will be remote**
If you got into healthcare to make a difference, you’re in the right place. We’re looking for a values-driven, mission-focused, dynamic Care Navigator who is passionate about working with seniors (and their families), especially those navigating mental and behavioral health challenges. Someone who is searching for a workplace and culture that is as committed to them as they are their patients. If that’s you, read on!
At Rippl, we are a passionate, impatient, slightly irreverent, people-obsessed group of optimists & doers intent on building a movement to bring mental healthcare to our aging population. We believe there is no more noble mission than caring for people at this critical stage of life, and we’re ready to take action.
We’re reimagining what it feels like to experience a mental health challenge as a senior. By leveraging an obsession with supporting our clinicians, a new care model and disruptive technology, we are pioneering an entirely new way to democratize senior access to high quality, wrap-around mental and behavioral healthcare, both for seniors and their families and caregivers. Helping them stay healthier, at home longer, and out of the ER.
Our Core Values
At Rippl, we live and breathe a set of shared, core values that help us build the best team, guide how we work together, and best serve our patients, families and caregivers.
If not Us, then Who? Seniors need better mental health care NOW. Our mission is urgent. And, we’ve got the perfect team to take this on.
Mission is our Middle Name There is no more noble mission than caring for seniors with mental health challenges. We’ve set out to make a giant, lasting, transformational impact.
Clinician Obsession Our team members are our focus, our obsession. We listen and learn from, and with, our clinicians to find the right answers. When we care obsessively for our clinicians, our patients and families will get the care they deserve.
Moving Mountains We see what we’re doing as a movement–a movement focused on solving one of the most important, most urgent challenges in healthcare for a really special group of people.
Raising the bar, for everyone We are leveraging world class expertise to define a new standard of care. Partnering with the country’s leading academic institutions and geriatric clinicians, we are bringing clinical excellence to our seniors.
Join the movement
First and foremost, we’re looking for other changemakers who are ready to join our movement. We have a collaborative model, and we’re looking for Care Navigators (CN), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), and Nurse Practitioners (NP), who believe serving seniors IS their calling, their reason for jumping out of bed every day. Our ambition is to create the nirvana workplace for this tribe of specialty clinicians and give them every imaginable tool and support to help them make a giant difference in the lives of their patients. Because “if not us, then who?”
As a Care Navigator, you will play a crucial role in supporting patients and caregivers affected by dementia. You will provide guidance, assistance, and resources to help navigate the complex journey of dementia care, ensuring that each person receives the best possible care and support tailored to their unique needs.
Working in small teams (Care Pods) with other highly capable and passionate team members you will:
- Be a core part of the care team, guiding patients and their families on the journey of dementia
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals with dementia and their families to understand their needs, challenges, preferences, and goals related to care and support. Maintain accurate and detailed records of patient assessments, care plans, interventions, and outcomes, adhering to relevant privacy and confidentiality regulations
- Provide in-the-moment clinical triage support to Rippl patients and caregivers supported by clinical team guidance
- Assess for risks and provide crisis support, safety planning, and follow up with dementia patients to ensure safety and timely connection to care.
- Collaborate with caregivers, patients and providers to develop and recommend personalized care plans that address medical, psychological, social, and emotional needs. Continuously update and adjust plans based on evolving needs
- Function as an essential member of the Rippl Care team to ensure the care plan is implemented and adjusted when necessary
- Support effective communication between Rippl Care team and patient’s healthcare professional network
- Identify and connect patients and caregivers to appropriate resources, services, and support networks in the community, including medical professionals, support groups, respite care services, legal advisors, and financial assistance programs
- Empower families with practical strategies for managing behavioral changes, communication challenges, and daily activities. Coach patients and caregivers through different stages of disease.
- Build confidence and offer emotional support to patients and caregivers, helping them navigate the emotional challenges associated with dementia. Provide a listening ear, coping strategies, and referrals to mental health professionals when needed.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local healthcare providers, community organizations, and support groups to stay updated on available resources and services
- Participate in initial and ongoing training about common issues in neurodegenerative diseases, aging, caregiving, advance care planning
- Participate in debriefing sessions with clinical team to review cases and discuss issues including problem solving strategies, communication techniques, and resource identification
- Build and maintain rapport with patients and caregivers
What you’ll bring
- Passion for helping families and patients living with dementia
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Gerontology, or related field strongly preferred
- Knowledge of crisis support, motivational Interviewing, mindfulness, and solution-focused interventions
- Motivated to go above and beyond for Rippl patients, caregivers and providers, to provide a high-touch experience
- Prior experience working with individuals and families affected by dementia or other cognitive impairments preferred
- Strong knowledge of dementia-related diseases, symptoms, care options, and community resources preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and compassionate manner
- Ability to engage and connect with individuals virtually
- Empathetic and patient-centered approach to care
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple cases simultaneously, detail-oriented
- Proficiency in maintaining detailed records and utilizing relevant software (EHR etc) and tools
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to use assessment tools in order to identify patient or individual needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop a resource manual of internal and community-based resources and referral opportunities
What’s in it for you
Our most important responsibility as a company is to ensure you’re supported in every way possible to be ready every day to serve your patients. We’ve designed a generous enablement and benefits package to ensure you are ready to do your very best work.
- Development, mentoring and training programs designed to help you chart your dream career and make sure you are learning everything you need to know as you gain more responsibility
- Fast growth company with opportunities to take on more responsibility or develop into new roles
- Flexible schedules and the opportunity to work from home
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 401(k) plan with a healthy match
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance and Disability
- Well-being and Remote Work stipend
- Paid Time Off
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Role: Range is $58,000 - 75,000 DOE
We are going to make some very big waves starting with a small Rippl - come join us!