Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Broomfield, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Recurly, Inc., a SaaS company, provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 55 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover nearly $1 billion in revenue in 2022.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $10 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you are on the frontlines—your job is to help ensure a delightful and successful experience for merchants, partners, prospects, and employees. Your challenge will be to promote fast and efficient implementation of our services, providing the correct solutions while ensuring an excellent experience every single time. Not only will you be providing solutions to our merchants, but you will also be supporting our internal teams with support resources and knowledge. You will also be working with our product and engineering teams to report technical issues and test new features before release. Providing a delightful and successful experience for all of our customers is key to their success—and ours!
- Develop relationships across the entire organization to influence others to achieve the best customer experience possible.
- Support customer inquiries by managing tickets in an industry-leading helpdesk management system including but not limited to ensuring tickets are routed to the right personnel and that ticket correspondence is prompt and thorough in accordance with current service level agreements (SLA).
- Foster lasting relationships with our developers and product owners and utilize their expertise to connect customers with the right technical solutions.
- Proactively identify technical issues and report them to our Engineering team.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of existing customer service processes, workflows, and procedures.
- Be the subject matter expert of our products and services prior to general customer availability.
- Collaboratively accomplish team goals to maintain and improve customer service standards and best practices.
- Create and maintain documentation and instruction resources related to your role to be utilized by other team members.
- You have 3+ years of related experience providing customer support using industry-leading case management systems and inbound customer support platforms.
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreements across teams.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies; both software and hardware platforms.
- You have a deep understanding of the software development cycle and use that knowledge to inform customer support strategy recommendations.
- You exhibit an excellent grasp of customer service practices.
- You know how to organize complex information into logical steps and sequences.
- You are skilled at and comfortable with articulating technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly with groups of people.
- You have the ability to troubleshoot technical issues on a variety of clients creatively and efficiently.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an advanced understanding of mobile and web-based platforms.
- You have experience with JSON and REST APIs.
- You have experience writing code to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- Experience with server event diagnostics tools
- You are familiar with CSS, HTML, and JS and have experience with web development.
- Experience and subject knowledge of RevRec and other financial reporting tools
- Experience being measured and driving against metrics that feed Service Level Objectives and Key Performance Indicators.
Benefits & Compensation:
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
The anticipated hourly range for this position is $30 - 33 per hour. Compensation offered will depend upon job-related factors including relevant experience, & skills.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org