Learning and Development Content Developer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Recurly, Inc., a SaaS company, provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 55 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover nearly $1 billion in revenue in 2022.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $10 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
As a Learning & Development Content Developer at Recurly, you’ll support the Learning & Development team in educational content development. This role will collaborate with our Learning & Development Specialists to deliver educational content and documentation for various projects and programs related to Recurly’s product and processes, including Recurly app, Recurly revenue recognition, employee onboarding, career development and more.
Content developed by this role will integrate into our broader education ecosystem. The Learning & Development Content Developer will participate in the creation and expansion of our Recurly training content including product training, skills development, self-service content and documentation for Recurly’s employees and merchants.
If you enjoy working in the Learning & Development space, love creating and organizing content and documentation, and are highly motivated to deliver a top-notch learning experience, this is the right role for you.
- Create internal and external education content for all of our major constituents (e.g. Employees, Merchants, Partners, Developers, and End Users)
- Distill complex and sometimes technical subject matter into intuitive content and formats that are easily digestible by non-technical roles as well as those not familiar with the Recurly platform and/or payments space
- Collaborate with Learning & Development Specialists and delivery educational content based on the Learning & Development roadmap
- Periodically review published materials to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Assist in the creation of technical courseware at Recurly; including developing exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, videos and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia-based assets
- Review and approve documentation materials for standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology. This may include approving edits or changes made to material prepared by other authors
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with the Learning & Development team to obtain educational objectives for Recurly
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience as a content developer/technical writer
- Demonstrable experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, develop, and manage technical IT (information technology) content projects
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Professional experience using e-learning software such as Workramp LMS (or similar)
- Proficiency with multimedia authoring tools such as TechSmith Camtasia, Canva, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Video Creator and others
- Experience using video editing tools, virtual instructor-led training tools and social learning tools
- Experience with revenue recognition process and accounting standards (ASC 606) a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required for this role
As a full-time employee, we offer competitive benefits programs and perks designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org